Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Kicked out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have just been told I have until 31st January too move out and find somewhere else to live basically I’m being kicked out, this message was delivered to me from my mums partner who has only been living in this house for about 3 weeks, also he threatened me with violence.

I guess this means that I am now homeless as I actually have no where else to go I cant afford to move out and rent anywhere so I need some help not really sure who I need to talk to

So can anyone put me in contact with people who can give advise

Also I have just been threatened I have to tell someone maybe the police this is the guy my mum is going to marry soon I don’t mind him threatening me but what if he turns on her??

Although thinking about it im not sure he has any rights to say that im not sure if he owns any of the house? So should I not listen and get my mum to say what he just said to me?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I think you should be talking to your mum about it and getting it out in the open.
  • Options
    I'd contact the local citizen's advice bereau
  • Options
    Shelter are very good for housing advise. You really should be telling your mum as well what has been said to you.

Why have you been asked to move out as well? And who owns the property?
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Hey,

How old are you? Are you working or at college?

Being kicked out is a horrible experience, but you will get sorted.

Your best bet is to go to the CAB as suggested, and perhaps apply for a council house. I know myself the ones in Chelt are lush!! :p

Do you have any mates who's floor you could crash on for now?

I wouldnt go to the police, but that is just me...
  • Options
    If you don't mind my asking, what have you done that has caused you to be kicked out......?

Maybe speaking to your mum would be the best way to go.
  • Options
    Phone Shelter and your local council.