Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how do guys straighten their hair??!

okay so i havent had a haircut in about a year n my fringe goes to my mouth
i was wondering coz my hair just looks a mess i was gona try straightening it but do i need to get it cut slightly to make it suitable coz my hair is quite thick and i havent done anything with it.. i thoiuht it might look odd

any tips or advice?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    go for a cut first

a cut always makes a difference

and if its quite thick i'd advice against using straighteners...

do you have curly hair?
    I have thick hair, had it cut to just above my shoulders, and now have a sweeping fringe. I NEVER used to straighten my hair, but I do now.
    and if its quite thick i'd advice against using straighteners...

I wouldn't.

My hair is MASSIVE unless I tie it up or blowdry&straighen it. I have so much hair and I would absolutely recommend straighteners because it smooths my hair out and stops it looking as massive as it is naturally.

OP - I would say get it styled first and ask the hairdresser to straighten it for you so you know how it should look when you do it. You'll never get it just right, but if you have an idea it will be a little easier. If your hair is as thick as mine is, you'll have to do it in sections so that it's even.
    My brother uses straighteners.
    okay so i havent had a haircut in about a year n my fringe goes to my mouth
    i was wondering coz my hair just looks a mess i was gona try straightening it but do i need to get it cut slightly to make it suitable coz my hair is quite thick and i havent done anything with it.. i thoiuht it might look odd

any tips or advice?

Use straighteners, mate. Just don't tell anyone. ;)

Grr, I wish I still had my long hair. I am growing it back though!
    I'm not sure how you can see with a fringe that length hehe. I'd definitely suggest getting it cut. What I do is find a pic of a style I want and show it to my hairdresser
    Wow didnt really realise how many people posted

erm my hairs naturally straight..but not that straight (if that makes sense)

my hair is long my fringe i can eat (yum)

but i want like sort of ..emo but ..not if u get me.. summit that looks semi decent for long hair

if that didnt work out i was thinkin just to get a pony tail n get called a girl all the time :P