Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Urgent pill question.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I usually start my pill on the tuesday after the week long break, but stupidly, yesterday, thinking it was tuesday, I took tuesdays pill, meaning I took it a day early! Haha.
Will it be okay just to keep taking the pills in order, but a day ahead?
So basically today, I'll take Wednesdays pill, and then tomorrow I'll take Thursdays pill, etc? Will it make a difference? or should i not take one today, and take tomorrows as usual, but use condoms as well?
HELP!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would just carry on taking the pills as normal.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Assuming you're not on some strange pill then it doesn't matter whether the day on the packet matches up with the day in real life as long as you take one each day.

Either just keep taking them a day ahead, or what I'd do is take what should be the last one of the month tomorrow (I'm guessing that'd be labelled Monday), assuming yuo've taken Wednesdays today, and that way you can take Thursdays one on Thursday and you're all back on track.
  • PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    As the others say, you will definitely be covered if you take one a day early - if it was a day late, then you would be right to be slightly concerned.

If you are still worried, call Brook's sexual health helpline .

Pearly