Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Libido in tatters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I’m 18 and it feels like my libido has completely dried up. I’ve been concerned about sex since a few years ago I lost my virginity and had major problems getting an erection (I haven’t had sex since then so I have no idea whether it was a one off) but only recently has that concern actually overwhelmed the desire to do it. Now I’m in the early stage of a relationship with a girl who I really like, but when I think of sleeping with her (or anything else sexual) I just feel scared. Don’t really know how I’m going to get past this.

Sorry that’s not really a question, I’ve just been bottling all this up for a while and I wanted to get it off my chest. Any advice is welcome.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If everything works fine when you hand-solo the old chap (i.e you can wank and stay hand then cum) the problem is in your head and you'll just need to take things slowly with your girl.

You will get past this mind problem with time, patience and practice.

The key is to take any unwanted pressure off yourself and don't stress yourself - you could start by telling new girl you like her lots and don't want to ruin things by rushing in with sex as you want to get to know her more. Unless she's a vicky pollard style slag that should earn you few brownie points and allow you both to explore each other without the added worry of sex - until you're both ready.

Once you feel comfortable in her presence you'll maintain wood and be able to enjoy sex without fear of losing it. And if you do lose wood, just laugh it off, kiss and cuddle and try again later.
    harmless said it! just imagine if you were me, I'm 28, live at home, you would also have to deal with an extremely hairy chest, and back, and pigmentless scrotum! now dont you feel better?? :)
    and oh yeah, dont forget, my pwnis doesnt work half the time! I have the same problem you do, i get intimate with a chick, and im so nervous i cant get it up unless i was all loose with 8 pints of ale in me...