Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Safari not storing cookies...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever since the 10.5.6 update, Safari has not been storing my cookies correctly, when I check the remember me box at the login, I login and then if I were to navigate away from the website to check my mail and then go back to the forum room, I'd have to log in again =/

This happens on a number of sites, sometimes it happens on facebook... Sometimes it don't. :(

My cookie status is to accept only from sites I navigate to.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hi there cool me,

hope you have had a good christmas? I am eating my first bit of turkey.

Are you referring to this site? I sometimes find that I have log back in again too.
    Had a good xmas, not I've got flu :(

Um, not just this site, a number of sites
    aRRRRGGGGGH poor thing. Bless you. mmmmm been a bit of an epidemic this year's virus. Well all I know is that if I leave the site for awhile and need to go back I have to log back in also and also for other sites too.

Not sure at the moment as to why I have to log back in.....you think it may have to do with cookies?
    Have you tried completely emptying the cookie directory?

Is it stuck on a privacy settng where it automatically deletes cookies?
    Actaully, I never thought of emptying it all... I'll give it ago and report back!
    becks27 wrote: »
    aRRRRGGGGGH poor thing. Bless you. mmmmm been a bit of an epidemic this year's virus. Well all I know is that if I leave the site for awhile and need to go back I have to log back in also and also for other sites too.

Not sure at the moment as to why I have to log back in.....you think it may have to do with cookies?

Make sure you have the option "remember me" ticked when you login, some people forget!

cookie-monster.jpg
    I do that and it stills forgets me :( and asks for to log back in.
    Nope!

For instance another forum room that use to automatically log in does not anymore :(

In the user name and password fields my username+Pw are there, the box is ticked but im not logged in until I press the button :(
    With the upgrade it may have increased your security settings. Try lowering them, or selecting the sites you visit as trusted sites.