Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

He said I am his best friend but I want more

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know him for two years we were in relationship before but it did not work out because he had no job and went to school so he was busy and so much in his mind so he decide to be friend. We still have sex and we still go out and sometime I pay and sometime he pay. We talk everyday like he is my best friend and everything is wonderful he got a job everything back to normal but want to be more then friend. Don't know what call this I am so confused ? That why I am here tried talking about this with him. :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Jules79

I would sit him down and tell him how I feel and what I want. Sounds like the two of you get on pretty well, he'll probably say what you want to hear. This can be a bit risky though. What if he doesn't say what you want to hear? Maybe you'll feel something like oh you'll have sex with me but don't want to be my boyfriend, maybe I won't sleep with you anymore. This could also strain the friendship and you might lose him. But you seem to be unhappy so I would just ask. Other then that I would read what other people would have to say about this. If it was me I would ask. Hope this helps.
  • TashJTashJ Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    Hi Jules,

Welcome to TheSite.org. It sounds like this guy means a lot to you, and that some things haven’t changed since you ended the relationship. You still have sex, go out together, talk every day. While it can be fantastic to be this close to someone and you might not want to risk losing the relationship that you do have, it can also be very confusing to want more than his friendship and not know where you stand.

As Ineedhelp has said, the only way to really know how he feels is to ask him how he feels. It might be a difficult conversation to have, so plan for a time and place where you both feel comfortable and there’s minimal distractions. You might want to have a think about what you’ll say and what his response might be.

Hopefully, as you talk things through with your friend, you'll find that he gives you the response that you're looking for!

However, it could be the two of you now want diffirent things: he wants friendship; you want more. If this is the case, you might have some difficult decisions to make. Can you see yourself being happy in your current situation in the long-term? If not, you might to ask for some time apart or end things altogether. This might be an incredibly painful option, but it may allow you to move on and find someone else who's looking for the same thing in a relationship as you are.

Hope things work out for you. All the best,
    TJ
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well, with such a special friendship you already have a lot. You could also endanger that if you show him you have feelings for him.

On the other hand, being so near, but still so far away from someone, probably eats you up on the inside. You have to make up your mind about it and have a heart to heart with him, but be prepared to have a more distanced friendship afterwards.