Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bleeding

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know I mentioned this before but it's getting silly.

Since October I have been passing blood in my urine, always after sexual activity ie intercourse, stimulation etc and it has been very painful.

I have had 2 urethral swabs, 2 thrush tests, a chlamydia test, a herpes test, cervix swab, and a urine test. Everything has come back negative.

The Dr found some vulval cuts gave me Timodine and sent me on my way. Did a course of that didn't help so they decided to investigate my cervix and that was negative. They reckoned it was just odd bleeding because I'd come off the Depo-Injection so she gave me Cerazette to 'normalise' me.

My vulva has been very sore despite being given Canestan in case I had Thrush as the Dr had noticed a white discharge when looking at my cervix. It is very red near my urethra. Yesterday my bf was fingering me to warm me up to see if intercourse was possible. I had a sharp stinging pain down there. We stopped immediately. I asked him if there was any bleeding he could see. There was none. A few minutes later I went to the toilet and I passed blood. I have done this ever since. My Dr is at my uni over 2 hours awayand I am not starting the new term until the 12th. What should I do in the meantime and what could be causing this?

x

x

Comments

• ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya Marina,
    As you're unable to see the doctor you're registered to it might help to give NHS Direct a ring on 0845 4647. If you don't want to talk to them about your actual symptoms you can just ask them about how to access health care when you're away from your normal doctor.

There's also some info on the NHS Choices site about registering as a temporary resident at a GP so you could try that. The important paragraph is:

You can register with a GP on a permanent or temporary basis. If you are staying in an area for more than 24 hours, but less than three months, you can register with a GP surgery as a temporary resident. If you stay for longer than three months, you can register with a GP permanently (if they are prepared to take you on).

It's only one option really but it might help.

Hope you're OK,
    CB
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi huni aww hope ur ok ouch i had depo injec 4yr ago +i ad odd bleeding like that no pain it could just be hormonal?it can take at least 6mth i been sterilized nearly 2yr ago now hope u ok x
    Right-o, spoke to NHS Direct people who told me to go see my Dr or my family Dr as a temp resident by tomorrow at the latest. Unfortunately my family Dr can't see me until Wed which is a bit of a problem. I know it's only an extra day but this is the third consecutive day of it so I'd rather be seen ASAP.

I'm 99.9999999999% sure it's not hormonal as it's bright red blood not the browny stuff you get for your period and the cerazette POP has made no sodding difference to it. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

So do I try to get a cancellation appointment in the morning or do I go to A&E?

x
    I'm pretty sure Drs have to see urgent patients within 48 hours.

Is there a walk in centre nearby? That would be another option, the other thing would be to try other local GP surgeries as a temporary patient, it doesn't have to be your family one. Or another option, is it a surgery that has practise nurses, or are there any surgeries nearby that do. At my GPs it's often easier to get a nurse appointment than it is a GP one and if you need to see a GP then they can sort it out for you.
    The nearest walk in centre is very tricky to get to. I know the nurse is in on a Tues and Fri at my family GP from when I had my MMR jab. There is another Dr within walking distance, I'll have to try them tomorrow morning I think because they will most likely be fully booked up for today.
    Try them today because even though you probably won't get something today you can find out how the system works for getting something tomorrow.
    Hi how ru did u get a apt if u cant id go a+e if ur worried +they prob refer u to gyno let me know im goin dr tommrow i got 6symptoms of ovarian cancer!x
    I now have a prescription for some antibiotics which I need to go and get and instructions to wash 'down there' with white vinegar before and after sex. I'm not entirely sure how the Dr could know what's wrong with me just from talking to me for 30 secs and having the briefest look at my urine sample, but nevermind...
    Hi if your still concerned or not happy go a+e department im suprised they didnt refer you to gyno x
    have you had any checks on your kidney function at all?
    because when i had blood being passed through in my urine they done kidney scans...if you haven't you could always suggest and see what they say
    Not had any kidney scans, I did suggest it to my Dr at uni because I've been having pains in the general area but because of my back injury they weren't sure what was causing it, so just blamed my back.

I'm going to see how the Cefalexin does and phone up my uni Dr next week so that I can get an appointment as soon as I'm back up there.

x
    I would also bug him for a few scans aswell....I'm having health problems aswell and the only way I was getting through to him was to bug him.

I hope everything goes alright for you
    Apologies for bumping this but I thought I'd just update you all.

Saw my uni doctor today and she's lost. She's given me a bottle so I can produce a sample of my urine and drop it off in the morning for testing (apparently they only send off samples in the morning.) I'm not looking forward to carrying this with me across campus but nevermind.

I am booked in for a double appointment on Thursday afternoon so we can see the results and so she can have a good look round down there :( and if she still doesn't find anything, which given the amount of tests/poking and prodding down there I've had so far doesn't look too promising, she'll have to 'refer me very quickly to someone else...I just don't know who yet.'

Happy times. I'll let you know how it all pans out, really worried and frustrated though.

x
    Hi hun bril thanks for update at least therd investigating now how about her send u 4 scan too im waitin 4 my apt for my scan over my probs dnt worry x:) :heart:
    well from your side pains id say it's kidney related, but that still makes the other soreness kind of hard to explain, but probably related - i'm no dr
    Roll on Thursday.

The longer it takes to diagnose, the more it makes me think that it's something really bad. Not that anyone would give a monkey's if it was, the only people who'd come to see me would be uni people and even then probably only one of them, wondering why I've not gone to the Wetherspoons with her.

I'm sorry. I'm pissed off, upset and pretty sure I'm dumping my bf, not that he's talking to me atm. Oh, and I'd really like to quit uni. I know none of this is relevant but combined with whatever is wrong me, it's making me feel pretty damn crap.

Rant over.
    Ok, update time...

My urine sample has white blood cells in it. I guess this would suggest an infection of sorts?

I need to make an appointment with the GUM clinic at the hospital for next week. Yay!

x
    Ok, update time...

My urine sample has white blood cells in it. I guess this would suggest an infection of sorts?

I need to make an appointment with the GUM clinic at the hospital for next week. Yay!

x

Hi yeah finaly at least u know what happening what infection could it be though ?:wave: p.s i just looked up ur symptoms +it could be kidney bladder infection or something like that hope that helpful x
    Mmm, my doctor can't understand because they tried to grow a culture sample from my urine and nothing would grow, which I think it should if there's any bacteria?

I don't know, I'm not a doctor lol.