Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bra fittings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well this made for an interesting half hour whilst out shopping today.

The Triumph shop had a young girl who measured me using a tape put me at 40 A.

House of Fraser had an experienced ex-Contessa employee who just looked closely at me and managed to find me the most comfy, well fitting bra at a 34DD.

Could these 2 measurements be anymore different!!

La Senza was too busy to even face going in and M&S didn't have their fitting rooms open today due to the busy sale period apparently (although I find M&S fittings a bit shiz really!).

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am at no means an expert, but one should be able to differentiate between A and DD. What's worse, it that it was a girl. Taking measures and looking up the size in a chart is all good, but when measuring water melons, one should realize that a box that can hold a cherry won't be sufficient.
    In terms of the actual volume of the cups, there isn't actually a massive difference between a 40A and 34DD because of the whole back to boobage ratio business.

That said, if a 34 band is comfy on you, a 40 is going to be WAAAAAAY too big, and there are times when the tape measure should be thrown out in favour of eyes, which are the superior tool when it comes to bra fitting. If the 34DD fitted well and was comfy, I'd stick with it.

Oh, and I wouldn't bother getting fitted in La Senza cause it will bear no relation at all to your size in any other shop!
    Thanks Olive, La Senza isn't really my cup of tea anyhow, too much colour in one little shop, haha! :)

The 40 A was baggy but comfy - but with me losing weight still, I think it's silly to get an already loose fitting bra. And the 34DD was most comfortable so I brought that one.

Just a white, very un-sexy bra for time out on the wards!! Good job I'm single! :p
    Olive wrote: »
    Oh, and I wouldn't bother getting fitted in La Senza cause it will bear no relation at all to your size in any other shop!

This :grump:.

Bought two goooorrrrrrrrrrrrgeoussssssssss bras in there the other day but it was heaving so I didn't try them on and they were too tight :(.
    best thing to do, which i did, was find a bra fitting guide on tinternet and do it yourself! well get someone at home/friend/partner to do it for you, so much easier, and the guides are really good, they give you charts and stuff.

i used bravissimo website.

hope this helps
    xsazx wrote: »
    yeah measure underneath .. add 4 if even no, 5 if odd no. measure fullest - compare the difference in numbers +1 = A, +2 = B etc generally

That looks like the makings of an Algebra question .. :chin:
    i tend to get measured in house of fraser, and then again in marks and see how it goes. but M&S bras are very good if you happen to be a cheap student like me and a 34 F
    Bravissimo.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Bra fitting? Sounds like my kind of job! :p
    It is sizing things like that that just make me grab a bunch of different sizes and try them on! It seems every brand and style of bra fits differently anyways, so one bra might fit at one size but another style might need a bigger cup. Much like jeans, unfortunatly :p Sexy bras always seem to need a bigger cup than a plain bra.
    Yeah that true+le senza arem smal bk sizes im 38 d +a full d +i sumtimes cnt get 38 bk size to fit in there i loue ann summers new look underwear im into boxer type+ short french knicks tho le senza great for them