Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Concerned about roxies or oxycodone!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I am completely unaware of anything to do with drugs or pills. So when it comes to my problem im lost, and i need help! My husband has come out and admitted to being addicted to roxies! Well i guess they are called roxies but are actually oxycodone from what he tells me. Well, he went to a detox center and he told me he was cured, and everything was fine. Well now 2 months later, i found some pills in his drawer. They are small round blue pills with a "m" inside of a square. He told me they were methadone, and that the detox center perscribed them to him to help him detox. They want him to take 3 a day! I was not sure why someone would put him on another bad pill to get off of one to begin with! I then looked up the pill i found on this website, and they are saying it is actually a oxycodone, not a methadone, although he swears it is not true! Im lost and i dont know what to believe! So i need to know if there is a methadone that is small round blue and has a m inside of a square imprinted on it. Or is he lying and it is a roxy or oxy? Also if anyone knows why they would perscribe him methadone at a detox center, or if that is not true as well! Thanks so much for anyones help!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Merry christmas and happy new year first.

Maybe talk to your husband more about them or can you contact the detox place or even try your Gp.

I am sure one of these will or even all will be able to help you both.

There is a section on the site that explains about drugs you could try there also?

Hope all goes well?
    also if you go to the drugs section there are links there that may be able offer you support and the information that you require.
  • ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya Florida123,
    You might find it really helpful to contact your local drug treatment/support service, they might be able to talk through your worries with you and offer information and advice.

It's clearly a really tough situation to be in so it's important you make sure you get the support you need - and access reliable information.

You can get information about local services by calling Talk to Frank on 0800 77 66 00.

Hope you're OK,
    CB
    To the original poster, I think some of those contacts are for UK residents - it looks like you're in the US? Your local family physician should have all the info you need.

Does the pill have a number on it, or just the M in a sqaure? From a quick looks it seems oxycontin is usually stamped 'OC'. I have found a couple of images HERE, it looks like the blue is morphine, and white is oxycodone. Morphine is a different drug to methadone.

Don't just follow this info though, check with a doctor!