Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Refused to print his sons name, Adolf Hitler Campbell on birthday cake

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/ap_on_fe_st/odd_hitler_cake

According to this article, a bakery at Wal-Mart, Pennsylvania refused to print his son's name on his birthday cake because it's deemed unappropriate...

I must say I'm suprised about some peoples ignorance when choosing names for their children, it's not like it's going to be easy to grow up with that name. Yes, it can be changed in adulthood, but that poor guy has to live with it troughout school and his teenage years before getting old enough to do something with it...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :O his siblings didn't exactly get great names either!
    yeah, i think it was less ignorant, and more given that name because the parents were actually fascists
    What dickheads would give their kids that name?!?
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    What dickheads would give their kids that name?!?

"Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman, said the store denied similar requests from the Campbells the last two years, including a request for a swastika."

Think that probably explains the kind of people they are
    Jim V wrote: »
    "Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman, said the store denied similar requests from the Campbells the last two years, including a request for a swastika."

Yeah, it kinda does. Fannies.
    The parents really are idiots for naming their kid after someone considered to be the most evil man in history. If, like they said, they wanted their kid to have a name no one else would have they could have chosen Jesus Christ, Mother Theresa or Ghandi.
    Still, I think the shop was wrong in denying the request. This child, despite his name, is still a child and like many he would probably delight in seeing his name on a cake.
    I'm sorry, but his parents look really fucking weird.

Also - I don't imagine many Jewish children will be allowed to be mates with someone called Adolf Hitler. The boy's set up to be separate from a large part of the populat (including many other races/social minorities).
    I saw this article a few days ago - very creeped out that they would name their child Adolf Hitler :nervous:
    kangoo wrote: »
    I saw this article a few days ago - very creeped out that they would name their child Adolf Hitler :nervous:

I just feel sorry for the kid. I can't imagine how he'll feel when he finds out who Hitler is and what he did.
    Jim V wrote: »

Hindus? They did call they other kid Ayran who, as everyone knows, came from India...

The evidence all stacks up... ;)
    This Aryan cake last a thousand years!
    Either the newspaper report spelt it wrong, or the parents did, but my guess would be that the name of the third kid should have been Himmler and not Hinler.

This is what happens when breeding is allowed to go unchecked.
    Well, I know a lot of people have the name Jesus, excluding the Christ bit...
    And "because no one else in the world will have that name"? What kind of bull excuse is that??

Man, that's rough.
    Oh, and I thought that man was a woman when I saw the picture.:\