Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

straightening

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you get your hair chemically straighted... does it come out stick straight or just ehhh more straight than before. My parents finally sent me some wedding photos back from Feb and I realized my hair looked damn good the way it was cut, and I want that back, but I'm a lazy fucker so if I got it cut again, I'd get it straightened too.

Comments

• Options
    So nobody has any idea about chemical straightening? :p I just want a wash and go style and I think this is the way to get it :p I'd rather give myself an acid enema then spend any time on my hair, not to mention, I dont know how people find the time and energy to do their hair in the first place! As you can see, under the frizz (that is washed, air dryed, no product and just a brush thru) it is a bit wavy but its not like I'd be going from ringlits. I havn't dyed or done pretty much anything for about 3 years so it is pretty much all virgin hair right now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/hair.jpg
  • Options
    i was hoping someone would reply to this as ive been wanting to chemically straighten my hair for years, not that my hair is very far off being straight but i just want it to be a wash and go style like you mentioned.

i know different methods are available in different price brackets and some are better than others but i'm to scared to try any out to see how it turns out.
  • Options
    I know some people who have had their hair Yukoed and its apparently the best way of straightening it - it costs quite a lot but then you only need to get it done once a year.

However my real reason for answering this thread is - WHO got married?
  • Options
    My brothers wedding.

Shame nobody has gotten it done :(

I told my mom to give the salon a call to ask for me (I'm such a baby :p) and christmas time come we'll see! I always get my hair done when I visit my parents because its soooooo much cheaper there ;) I'll letcha know how it goes.
  • Options
    i've heard about the yuko method and even found a place that does it here (about two years back) but im still curious if its a wash and go thing or not...im going to go do some research and see what i come up with and i'll let you know.
  • Options
    Its totally a wash and go thing - my sister in law used to have to spend hours straightening it and blow drying etc and now literally can just let her hair dry naturally and its dead straight and not fuzzy or anything. The other people i know who got it done were friends from school who had really curly hair as well and now they both have dead straight hair.
  • Options
    So I've made my appt for a consultation for Dec 22... though they wouldn't even give me an estimate for the cost so I'm gussing it will be too expensive and I won't get it done... which will then render the haircut worthless as it requires straight hair. But we'll see. I can always end up with "oh just give me a trim"

I'm really hoping they don't do that fancy good for your hair japanese thermal straightening jazz as from what I've read the cheapest is around 350pounds and thats like a months rent so they can go fuck themselves then :p
  • Options
    i heard it was quite bad for your hair. and when it grows out (as its kind of like a perm growing out) then you will have kinky roots :s
  • Options
    I ended up getting it relaxed instead of straightened. She said to get it straight I'd really only need to straighten the top layer and I would still be able to scrunch it to get it wavy if I wanted to wear it like that. The relaxing would really cut down on the frizz and poof too. So it was more versitle and it would really cut down on the time of straightening it as well.

I finally got to wash it today (48 hours, I was a greasy mess... my mom would give me a hug and pretend she slid off my hair :p) But I just let it air dry with no product, nothing at all, and minus some flyaways in the front its nearly perfect with zero work! I didn't expect it to turn out that nicely. It is nice and straight (but not stick straight as I think I look silly with that) and smooth and shiny :D

And since my hair had no color and I do nothing to it ever, it was very healthy and she said it is still pretty healthy even now.