Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Coldsores

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

Not sure if i there is another thread about this or ti's even in the right place.

I have gotten a cold sore on my top lip and was just wondering if anyone has some good advance how best to cover it up with make up? I am putting Vaseline and coldsore cream on it the but as u can image tis still pretty bad.

Just need to figure something out so i can go out and not be paranoid about people staring at it..

thanks xxxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personally I think it's best not to. If I see someone with a nasty cold sore, all I think is 'ouch, cold sore - poor them', whereas if it's plastered with make up, it makes it look like you have some kind of weird deformity, or odd flaky skin disease. Worse, imo.

I get cold sores, and I know it feels like everyone in the world is staring at your face, but it really isn't as bad as it feels. You're best just keeping it moist so it heals quickly and doesn't crack, and then when it's reached the pink new skin phase you can dab a bit of concealer on :)
    Agreed. I don't get them - although God alone knows how, my gf gets one a week! - but you'll only aggravate it if you put concealer on it, aside from the fact that concealer on broken skin always looks like a lump of orange concealer, try as you might.
    agreed agreed agreed - and also, I find that dabbing perfume on from the first time your skin feels vaguely tingly is the best way to control them, and sometimes stops them coming through altogether. Vodka works too.