Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Highway Code

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey all
i hope everyone as had a good christmas, i have :D
basically, one of my presents today was the highway code booklet thingy
i wanted to no if i had to no it all for my test or just the bits relating to car driving eg signs, motorways etc?

thanks all
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    For the theory test you need to know a fair bit but you can get a good idea of WHAT you need to know by doing on-line practise and have a look at the hazard perception stuff too (think you can find stuff for that on youtube)

As for the practical part you need to know anything that will effect how you drive. I havent done my practical test yet so I don't know if they ask questions - if you ask your instructor they will advise you .

Good Luck!
  • Options
    If all the info in the book wasn't to be used IRL, it wouldn't be in the book ;)
  • Options
    You'd be much better off getting a book specifically for the driving theory test. I got one that just had every question you could possibly be asked in it. I think there's stuff in the theory test that isn't covered in the highway code. (in my theory test i was asked the best way to give CPR to a child, which i'm fairly sure isn't in the highway code).

Make sure you do plenty of hazard perception practice. Once you get to grips with it its quite easy, but its the bit that most people seem to fail on.
  • Options
    You can buy other resources in any book shop to help you with both the theory test and your practical. It is always good to revise things in the highway code book as you never know when you may need them. I bought a video on the theory test and it really did help.

Merry christmas and happy new year.

Good luck with the driving.
  • Options
    You really don't have to buy books to help with the theory test - its all availabe on-line. I found a brilliant mock theory test on-line but I can't find the link now. Will have another look for you :)
  • Options
    Just learn it :)