Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how do u...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
like to be asked out? or do u not?
this is a question for the girls, i just wanted to no how do u like to be asked out, mainly cos i'm a total r-tard when it comes to this sort of thing

thanks people

Comments

• Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    like to be asked out? or do u not?
    this is a question for the girls, i just wanted to no how do u like to be asked out, mainly cos i'm a total r-tard when it comes to this sort of thing

thanks people

I'm not a girl however i will answer your question.

Mate I feel your pain but believe me, us guys make talking to girls/woman harder than it really is. Yes, most girls like to be asked out by guys, some may well wait and keep waiting for you to do it, others will take the bull by the horns and let you know.

Personally I've lost interest with women in that way right now, in fact, I was shocked last Friday, this barmaid and me had been having little 2min chats and were exchanging smiles whilst waiting for drinks during the night, something I thought nothing of really, just being friendly to her to help past the time, at last orders she ask my name and she left the door wide open for me to ask her out, however i just didn't see it until my mates pointed it out. At that point, I then went and made massive school boy error, due to peer pressure (can you even still get that at 24 from blokes in there 30s?) & being extremely shit faced. I asked her something and forgot everything she said, including her name!! :( - she was hot as well :thumb: It wasn't my finest moment talking with girls but I'm sure I'll have worse. :p:lol:

But enough of my nonesense, in what environment are you talking about? Pub, bar, school etc we need details. And is this question because of one girl in your life that you like right now, or just for future reference?

I only say because approaching a girl you know can be lot easier than approaching some random chick.
  • Options
    right now i'm in college and basically it is about appoarching a girl that i no a bit, but also for future refrence
    and believe me ur not the only one to have missed wide open chances

I had it with a girl from my old school, i had a shit load of hints and didn't pick up on them until i thought about it like 2 weeks later
    oh well, yeah, basically its a college situation
  • Options
    Well for this college girl that you know little bit about already, I'd suggest approaching her as a buddy/mate rather then directly asking her out, you wanna test the water before making a move. Making sure you don't get too close to her as a friend though, else that's all she'll see you as.
    Yeah it's tricky but In a non-creepy-stalker way, do your homework on her, depending how much you like her of course. When your with her, listen to clues her or her mates say. That way you'll find out if she got her eye on another guy(s) and more importantly the shit she's interested in.

Once you've found out what music, films or t.v shows she likes. you've got something to talk about and build on. So when you are with her in a group or just the 2 of you, you'll be able to bring it up. Then find a way to turn it into a joke - So you'll have something you both share. If you're putting in effort remembering shit she says and reminding her of it, she SHOULD notice you like her and you would hope, either she finds a way to hang out with you more in which case ask her out, or she'll distance herself from you, which means she isn't interested and you should back off. Of course, what may happen is, she likes the attentions she gets from you and leads you on. Anyway all this may take some time - if you're after quick results you could just throw a few chat up lines her way. :p;)

I guess with girls in general it can come down to your confidence and how good your banter is. If you can keep things going along so that they are interested and laughing with you, then you're already half way there. It should keep them relaxed and that way they'll open up to you more and feel safer around you.

But all this shit easier said than done - once you factor in beer, other blokes, other girls, mood swings and periods it all becomes a whole different ball game. There is no surefire way of asking girls out and getting anywhere with them. It's all trial and error most of the time.

Sod it I'm going bed, perhaps you should ignore me, I'm shit with girls at moment so my wisdom is tainted.
  • Options
    Merry christmas....I would just be your normal self.