Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

headaches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi guys

was just wondering if anyone knows of anything my doctor could give me to help with the frequent headaches i get, and the debilitating sharp pains that take my breath away sometimes. i just take painkillers as and when, but wondered if there was anything else out there?

Comments

• Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    If you want to know more about symptoms and causes, The Brain and Spine Foundation has a really comprehensive guide to headaches. It?s also worth noting that many people believe in something called a ?medication overuse headache? ? in other words, you can actually be giving yourself more headaches by using painkillers to cure them!
    It sounds like it might be a good idea to go to your doctor rather than self medicating as that way you can get advice on what might be causing them...
    Take care of yourself.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ok thankyou for the link. i kind of know what is causing them, and i don't take half as many painkillers as i once did, i'm more careful nowadays regarding that. cheers :)
    Nutter wrote: »
    hi guys

was just wondering if anyone knows of anything my doctor could give me to help with the frequent headaches i get, and the debilitating sharp pains that take my breath away sometimes. i just take painkillers as and when, but wondered if there was anything else out there?

i honestly am not trying to sound like a smartass, but how about you go talk to your doctor? describe to him what you described on your post

the pain sounds severe, usually opiates or a combination of opiates with another painkiller (such as paracetamol) are used for this type of pain.

i am no doctor, however, so it is best to go talk to your doc :thumb: hope it goes well!
    lol. thanks. i think i will do in the new year, just wanted to ask first because i'm really not fond of going to the doctor... plus they always make me have blood tests and then make me go back just to say that there is nothing wrong. >_< but yeah, perhaps they will believe me and help me now that i am a little older.