Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's for Christmas dinner?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For me it's turkey, mashed potato, brocollli, cabbage, peas, sage and onion stuffing, chipolatas, yorkshire puddings and gravy with Bucks Fizz then trifle.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lots of turkey with no skin, a dash of gravy, tonnes of carrots and t'other veg...1 or 2 roasties.

Tiny slither of pudding after :D
    duck.jpg
    i might have a couple of roasters if they look nice enough (I'm really fussy about them hehe)
    Roast goose
    Roast potatoes
    Parsnips
    Carrots
    Peas
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower cheese
    Sausagemeat & cranberry stuffing
    Sage & onion stuffing
    Sausages wrapped in bacon
    Gravy

And that's about all i can be bothered cooking.
    The usual, turkey, roasties, whatever veg we got, though it's got to have cabbage because then we can have bubble and squeak on boxing day. Hopefully a little homemade gravy, pigs in blankets, homemade cranberry sauce and bread sauce. A good white or red to wash it down with as well. For dessert I've got to have chrissy pud, but few others like it or can fit it in.
    I've been campaigning to have goose, but my mum says she's a traditionalist (even though goose was traditional before we became Americanised because they had it on Thanksgiving). Also, one goose would not feed all of us so we would have to buy two and that would be too pricey.
    Breakfast is prawns, smoked salmon and cream cheese on small bite-size pieces of toast and Bucks Fizz (although I have to avoid the prawns and Bucks Fizz this year due to being pregnant).

Starter is prawn cocktail usually - again, got to miss out so don't know what I'll be having instead! Main is meat*, roast potatoes, carrots, sprouts (am I the only one who'll eat them?), peas, sausages in bacon, stuffing. Cauliflour, cranberry sauce and bread sauce also there but I don't eat them. Pudding will be some kind of pavola plus Christmas pudding and cream or Brandy butter. Tea is a selection of leftovers and salad bits, plus breads and lots of my Grandma's baking and a big Christmas cake and cheese.

Good job I've got the eating for two excuse this year! :D

* Meat is usually turkey, but as my boyfriend will be there this year and he doesn't like turkey, we're having chicken and lamb.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I am having duck this year.

We will have chipolatas with bacon, stuffing balls, carrots, peas, cauliflower cheese, sprouts with bacon, gravy.

Dunno about starter. I'm in a similar boat to crystal tipps - my usual of toast and pate has been removed from the menu this year. Will make a trifle for pudding, though.

:yippe: for christmas dinner!
    BEEF
    i love that meat
    umm
    tatties
    carrots
    parsnips
    sprouts
    GRAVY
    idk what else, i'm not cooking:hyper:
    This year I am feeding 12 so we have got;

King prawn and avacado salad or asparagus wrapped in parma ham to start

A bird in a bird roast - Turkey, pheasant, partridge and guinea fowl with apricot and almond stuffing with all the trimmings, pigs in blankets, veggies etc

Lots of yummy stuff for dessert as my M-I-L is an excellent cake cook!!

It's going to be interesting as I have never cooked for so many but i'll keep my fingers crossed it will go ok!
    for me it will be prawn cocktail home made style (king prawn), half a turkey, brussels with chestnuts, stuffing, roast potatoes cooked in duck fat, peas and carrots. For dessert, home made sherry trifle not keen on christmas cake. With mulled wine for a drink
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Probably carrots, brussel sprouts, broc, cauliflower, mashed potato and roast potatoes with gluten free yorkshire puddings and lashings of gravy

Not sure what will be for dessert as yes, something very chocolately with lots of cream - I feel sick just thinking about it :yum:

How do you get gluten free yorkies? Do you use, like, rice flour or something?:confused:
    Nothing as i've made myself feel quite sick, probably till Boxing Day, eating too many marzipan shapes that i was making for the cake !
    Gonna be my first christmas EVER without the usual dinner. My parents will be having turkey & duck with the usual sides...
    I'm spending it with my girlfriend's mum and some of her family, who are japanese, so we'll be having seafood e.t.c. Sounds nic, but not very christmassy.
    Christmas eve we're having a beach barbie!
    I'm writting this down mainly because i think i've forgotten something really bit

Breakfast - Pain Au Chocolate

Lunch - Turkey - with stuffing, bacon and sausages, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, red cabbage, brussel sprouts (roasted and boiled), cauliflower (I might make it cheese after being inspired by this thread), carrotes, gravey and red current sauce.

Followed by - Christmas Pudding, brandy butter, brandy cream, chocolate chrismas pudding (for me!)

Tea - Christmas Cake, Turkey, Ham in Coca Cola, Stilton, Chedder, biscuits and salad - all with home made chutney!
    I made a christmas dinner yesterday for my fella, his housemate and his girlfriend. We had our christmas day yesterday as we won't actually see each other on the day as we are with our families. Anywayssss, I made -

Turkey, sage & onion stuffing, sausages wrapped in bacon, roasted parsnips & carrots, carrot & swede, sprouts, yorkshire puddings (I know you are supposed to have them with beef but it doesn't matter!), lots and lots of roast potatoes, cabbage, peas and of course gravvvvyyy :yum:

I made farrrr too much :o
    because im on my bill this xmas, i wont be having xmas dinner for the first time ever! :(

Ill probably end up having a curry as per usual, seafood.. or if my diet holds out till then, then a salad.
    how unchristmassy.
    I'm going to a party, and we're having roast chicken, pumpkin casserole, mashed potatoes and vegetables. Grumble grumble...Americans.
    soraliah wrote: »
    because im on my bill this xmas,

What does that mean ?
    Oh right, never heard that before :)