Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Snap-happy furious scribblers wanted!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We?ve got three new volunteering opportunities up for TheSite.org, we?re looking for web artists, photographers and ranters to help out. So if you?re a furious snap-happy scribbler we want to hear from you

Each of the opportunities can be seen on the choose action section of TheSite.org and you can then apply for them through our sister-site do-it.org.uk (from the link at the bottom of the details).

Here?s the links and a bit more detail.

Photographer

TheSite.org goes through a lot of images and we?d love to have a good bank of photos to work from. We?re looking for volunteers who can help out by photographing day-to-day objects in new and interesting ways. You?ll be uploading the images for us to use and will be credited as a contributor, and where possible credited directly when we use your images.

http://www.thesite.org.uk/workandstudy/volunteering/virtualvolunteering/search?searchType=locations&id=889289

Ranter

Want to get something off your chest? Want to explode with anger? We?re always on the lookout from people to scream and shout for our rants section. It?s a short term opportunity that could get you an article published, and make everyone else seethe with rage or laugh along.

http://www.thesite.org.uk/workandstudy/volunteering/virtualvolunteering/search?searchType=locations&id=889717

True story writer

Have you got an interesting story to tell? We're always on the lookout for budding writers to tell us their story.

http://www.thesite.org.uk/workandstudy/volunteering/virtualvolunteering/search?searchType=details&id=1218109

Comments

• Options
    Hello is it only for 16-25 year olds?
  • Options
    Nah, the rants probably is but the other two ops would be open to anyone
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    This is the start of me feeling over the hill :(

I'm already running down the other side. I'll meet you at the bottom for Sanatogen and a milky drink :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Certainly will go for the Photographer one.
  • Options
    Ditto. Is there any more info about it than in that link Jim?
  • Options
    If you go ahead and apply I'll be in touch to discuss more specific details by email.
  • Options
    Ok, done :D
  • Options
    I am interested, but don't even know when I'll be back in London.
  • Options
    No need to be in London, you just a digital camera and access to the internet - and a good eye of course ;)
  • Options
    what sort of photographs do you want ?
  • Options
    If you take a look at the opportunity you'll see more details, but essentially it's to build up a bank of high quality stock images that we'd be certain we have the legal right to use, so everythign from everyday objects taken in interesting ways to people going through emotions that we can be certain about the model release information.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Bumping this for the creative section. :)
  • Options
    I always have rants and true stories but I can never think of any when prompted :'(
  • Options
    I need to start getting snap happy with a camera!