Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Holiday/Travel Plans for next year...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So anyone got any exciting trips or holidays planned for next year?

My parents are flying over to visit me for my birthday, and we'll be going up to the Tropical north of Queensland for a bit, which will be cool.
Then my mate is coming to visit in March, I'm going to take him down to Byron Bay and Nimbin in NSW.
In May I'm touring New Zealand! Then a weekend in Sydney, and I'll be travelling Malaysia for a couple of weeks on my way home in August.

Gonna be a good year! :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill 'ed wrote: »

My parents are flying over to visit me for my birthday, and we'll be going up to the Tropical north of Queensland for a bit, which will be cool.
    Then my mate is coming to visit in March, I'm going to take him down to Byron Bay and Nimbin in NSW.
    In May I'm touring New Zealand! Then a weekend in Sydney, and I'll be travelling Malaysia for a couple of weeks on my way home in August.

JEALOUS!
    My friend's dad is currently working in Amsterdam so I think I might make a little weekend trip there. The same friend will be in Israel all summer so I think I might make advantage of that too. And possibly back to Gibraltar cause my boyfriend's family are there. Need to see the monkeys again!

I really, really, really want to go back to France though. I'm gonna try and save up for it as a graduation treat!
    Some point after uni ends, we're meant to be going to Spain with a few of Rich's uni friends 'cause we'd only have to pay for flights.
    I am going skiing on boxing day for a week - then i've not got anything planned as yet but am going to go somewhere warm in Feb/March/April not sure where or when and then probably somewhere warm again in oct/Nov/December - depending on if i am up for long haul or not
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Considering machu picchu or costa rica for Feb - failing that I'll spend my nearly3weeksoffwork decorating :yeees:

Decorating!! That sounds like so much fun!
    im going to new zealand at the end of february for a month :hyper: i really need to find/sort out my passport though...hmmm.
    im going to new zealand at the end of february for a month :hyper: i really need to find/sort out my passport though...hmmm.

I'm very jealous! I'd love love love to go to NZ. It'll be a long time before I can afford it, though.
    Going snowboarding in Austria in 4 weeks :hyper:

Other than that, probably not. Hoping to move house this year which will piss somewhat on the holiday-taking bonfire.
    All those going to New Zealand...I'm so jealous! I was there this time last year and I loved it. It's fab.

Not got anything definite planned travel-wise next year, but my mum's moving to Cape Town so I think it's most likely I'll end up there for a visit. Hopefully an extended holiday at the end of the year. It looks so beautiful, I'm dying to go. My boyfriend's mum and aunt have invited me to New York with them in April but that will depend on money/time off work if the Cape Town thing gets the go-ahead.
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I am going skiing on boxing day for a week - then i've not got anything planned as yet but am going to go somewhere warm in Feb/March/April not sure where or when and then probably somewhere warm again in oct/Nov/December - depending on if i am up for long haul or not

Which slopes are you hitting?

We're also off skiing, heading to Zell am See on the 27th. I'm incredibly excited as I always am at the prospect of racing down snowy mountains. Snow reports look great, it should be an amazing time. Get to combine it with seeing my much-missed best pal, too.

In May we're going to Oregon for a wedding, so I'm excited about that, too. Really excited. From what I've seen and heard it's just beautiful. I want to go to Montana but I think it'll have to wait for another time.
    Going to Wörgl, Tirol for a week of snowboarding in feb09. We are around 20 lads (and ladies) and have a huge house for ourselves). It will be really awesome, like it was last year.

Nothings planned for holidays abroad, yet.
    am thinking of going to the south of france in maybe april, and then have a family wedding in central france in the auvergne in august so will probably rent a gite and make a week of it.
    am thinking of going to the south of france in maybe april, and then have a family wedding in central france in the auvergne in august so will probably rent a gite and make a week of it.

Oh wow! That sounds like it would be a beautiful wedding!
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    JEALOUS!
    My friend's dad is currently working in Amsterdam so I think I might make a little weekend trip there. The same friend will be in Israel all summer so I think I might make advantage of that too.

First thing I'm doing with my mates when I get back to England, is go on a weekend to Amsterdam. I don't care if I can't afford it lol, fuck I love that city.
    Another thing I miss about living in the UK - it's so cheap and quick to travel all over europe! If I get on a plane for 3 hours here, I'll just get to another state! lol
    By the way, a warning about Israel. Once you have an Israeli visa/stamp in your passport, you will not be allowed in any Arab countries in the Middle East. Dunno if that bothers you or not lol, just thought I'd let you know.
    briggi wrote: »
    We're also off skiing, heading to Zell am See on the 27th.

Ooh, that's where we're going :hyper:
    pill 'ed wrote: »

O dear, I'm envious. Never been to the southern hemisphere and you just packed your shit and moved down there. Even if all ties break now, you can still look back many years down the line and say, "It was worth it and I'm glad I did it."

I wish to see NZ and Oz myself one day.
    Olive wrote: »
    Ooh, that's where we're going :hyper:

Oh wow, that's cool :)

Have you been before? I love it there, it's great - especially in the earlier part of the season :thumb:
    Hopefully next year, if ive saved anough, im gonna travel around next summer before i start my final year. Im thinking about doing one of these volunteering abroad schemes, would be more worthwhile then pissing it all away :)
    Have you been before? I love it there, it's great - especially in the earlier part of the season :thumb:

Nope, it'll be my first time there. And my second time on a mountain ever! We chose it tactically, on the lovely long blue runs for maximum practice of my tentative boarding! We went to La Thuile in Italy last winter, and I loveloveloved it. So pretty!

And now I'm on a 25 day countdown :D
    Hopefully New York in May. Maybe Ireland either to see family friends or to go to Dublin and I really fancy going back to Amsterdam.
    Apparently we're going to France Easter-ish time for a week and then Lanzarote in July for a week and perhaps somewhere in Feb, even if it's just for a short weekend. That's my working-holidays.

Then me and a friend would like to revisit Ibiza to do it properly and child-free. But I do think my New-York dream is going to have to wait a wee while, I can't see it happening in the next year.

Oh and hopefully I will have charmed the assessment panel and will get my place on the developing countries volunteering project = 10 weeks beg 4th August in a developing country. Fingers crossed though eh.
    Which slopes are you hitting?

We're also off skiing, heading to Zell am See on the 27th. I'm incredibly excited as I always am at the prospect of racing down snowy mountains. Snow reports look great, it should be an amazing time. Get to combine it with seeing my much-missed best pal, too.

I am going to Chamonix - kind of looking forward to it - though i'm not sure how much actual skiing I will be getting in - especially as you can go husky dog sledding and i want to go and cuddle them and you can cuddle st bernards as well!
    http://berghuetten.com/huetten/stallnhof.htm

that's gonna be our house for the skiing week. It's all ours, no other people. 30 beds, 30 people, so it will be just 60euro rent for everyone for a whole week :D

Oh god, I can't wait. Just a pity they don't have a sauna :/
    Ohh i am jealous i looked into going there last year but didn't get organised in time and was somewhat thwarted by the lack of avaliable flights
    I've never been to Africa. I really want to make it to Egypt and South Africa in the near future.
    But I also wanna go to places like Uganda, Congo, Senegal, Ethiopia e.t.c.....I'd say Somalia but I'd be lieing. lol
    This year I get to go on PROPER holidays for once. Yayyy!

My boyfriend is taking me to his cottage in the Dordogne sometime in the spring. Which should be fun. He's only taking me because I speak French though haha.

Then in Mayish time, for my graduation present my dad said I can go on holiday so me and the bf again, are going off to Cuba for about 10 days or so. Exciting stuff!
    Still working ont hat whole "whats a vacation" thing. 3 years and counting. The least, my parents could at least invite me on theirs, but nooo Isuck :p
    ehh, its not exactly vacation for me now - but im spending the next 2 months in thailand, 1 month malaysia, 1 month bali, 6 months australia and then 2 weeks LA where i should hopefully be meeting up with my dad and sisters :D
    big hollyday
    Where are you going in australia? Coming to South east Queensland? :D
    After many-a-year of being a homley bump on a log...

I'M GOING TO THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!

I nearly pooped myself when my dad told me :D Going with my parents. I don't think I've been there in 10 years and I could just die.
This discussion has been closed.