Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

whats the best method of finding creative direction?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really need to work out the creative direction of my industrial side project. i've got some ideas as to what i want to do, but can't find anything that makes them work together...

any ideas how i could better define the creative direction? i need to come up with some firm ideas, as i'll need to sell the idea to some other musicians, and then if it works and i decide to turn it into an installation, i'll need some film/photography/art/fashion etc people to come and help...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Take a look around you, how does it make you feel? Take a walk, listen to some music, look a photo's, watch a movie, put those feelings in to what you are wanting to do... if it's music then play what you feel. Don't think about "what can I write", just start something and let it take it's own direction, you'll only know where you want to be when your there.
    basically i want to create this project around the theme of industrial living...

it means a lot to me, but trying to explain it to others is a nightmare...

would mood boards or something like that possibly help?
    definitely. Collages, spider diagrams, writing until you come up with an idea. Probably shouldn't suggest this, but if i smoke a joint, my ideas seem to flow a lot faster... they are normally jumbled up, but more innovative and interesting... I just have to piece them together the next day.