Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Work and Leaving Complications

I wa working with a company for roughly 8 months unti lI became sick and unable to stick to my rota so i requested to be broke down to part-time hours.

This was never confirmed to me that I was given the part-time hours. One evening Iwas to leave work sick and the boss notified me that he didnt want me back to work until I had been given the all clear, well I still haven't been given the all clear nor returned to work. Oh and he also said that he would make sure that i was apid a full wage for that week, I never was.

Now basically my problem is that they are paying me sick pay (also that I never received the full weeks pay the boss promised me) but it's only 23.20 per week which is no replication of my 8 months full time work served.

I'm considering some way of resigining from my position within the company and then receiving my lie-in week and my holidays unspent.

Is it all possible for me to do this?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Statutory sick pay is something the government is in charge of, if you are on the sick then they have to follow statute law, if you are on the sick from part time work, presumably you get part time sick pay?

The amounts paid are not what the company decide.
  • Options
    Also most if not all companies, due to legislation in effect will not start paying sick pay until after the 3rd day of sickness. This is to stop people phoning in sick with hangovers from drinking and basically lying!
  • Options
    Did my question fly right over the top of your head, or did you not read it?
  • Options
    Lucid-Life wrote: »
    Did my question fly right over the top of your head, or did you not read it?

He did, he was just pointing out how and why you sick pay is so low, the stauatory amount is bugger all.

Dig your contract out and ring ACAS.
  • Options
    You can always quit a job if you want to.

Remember that it doesnt matter what a boss has "said" about getting you full pay, if thats not in the terms of sickness in your contract, then tough luck thats life.

I dont mean to be harsh, but I have (as the above poster pointed out) explained why your pay is low, and why you may not have received the pay you thought you were due for that missing week.
  • Options
    Me wrote:
    I'm considering some way of resigining from my position within the company and then receiving my lie-in week and my holidays unspent.

Is it all possible for me to do this?

I needed an answer to this question based on what I had written before it :yeees:
  • Options
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Dig your contract out and ring ACAS.

Did this answer fly right over the top of your head, or did you not read it?
  • Options
    Heheh.

To be honest, mate, you're lucky if you get any sick pay if you've only worked 8 months and you're part time. I don't get sick pay for my part time job, and I've been there nearly 3 years.