Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

UK Drama ID

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Was just thinking today about this British made Drama that was on Channel 4 a while back that which was really good, but i've forgotten the name.

Basically this lad was jailed when he was about 10 years old for being involved in the murder of a girl from his school. He gets released from prison when he's about 20 and is given a new identity and a new location to live.

So the program is about how this guy adjusts to being out in the real world. Having never drank, never had a girlfriend etc etc and then ultimately people finding out who he really is and what he did when he was a kid.

I thought it was a really good program, any ideas on the name?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Was it Boy A? That was something about prison, I think.
    Thats the daddy! Cheers mate :)
    I kept meaning to watch that but never did. Was it any good?
    Yeah i thought it was very good. Kinda sad in a way, despite him doing something terrible as a kid he comes out as this shy, scared teenager. Good story i think. You should try and watch it :)
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Yeah i thought it was very good. Kinda sad in a way, despite him doing something terrible as a kid he comes out as this shy, scared teenager. Good story i think. You should try and watch it :)

Is it on 4OD or youtube or sommat?
    I dunno, i've been trying to look for it. Canny find it captain! Not tried 4OD yet though, have a look if ya want. Report ye findings ;)
    GoodFella wrote: »
    I dunno, i've been trying to look for it. Canny find it captain! Not tried 4OD yet though, have a look if ya want. Report ye findings ;)

I think I need to download a new 4OD :'(
    Looks like it's just the first episode. Grr.
    It's a movie, not a series - like Hunger, battle for Haditha and quite a few others it was funded in way that means it gets a cinema release in other territories and a very limited UK relelase before being shown on Channel 4. So only one episode :) It's nice they appear on channel 4 quickly and 4OD but to be honest it's a disgrace films like Battle, Boy A and Hunger won't get full releases as a result.
    Jim V wrote: »
    It's a movie, not a series - like Hunger, battle for Haditha and quite a few others it was funded in way that means it gets a cinema release in other territories and a very limited UK relelase before being shown on Channel 4. So only one episode :) It's nice they appear on channel 4 quickly and 4OD but to be honest it's a disgrace films like Battle, Boy A and Hunger won't get full releases as a result.

Oh! That makes sense! Yeah, I reckon they should only have these things for a limited time on 4OD if they're going to be there at all.
    Well ideally I think you'd do the old film four way - give it a proper run in't cinema for six months then DVD release then broadcast and on 4od permanently after that
    Jim V wrote: »
    Well ideally I think you'd do the old film four way - give it a proper run in't cinema for six months then DVD release then broadcast and on 4od permanently after that

Oh, yeah, that makes more sense.