Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Diabetic chutneys/pickles etc

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My grandparents are diabetic and they like to get nice food for Christmas that is suitable for them, only they always get chocolate and I'd like to get them something different this year! Does anyone know where to get diabetic jams and chutneys from, or any other interesting diabetic food? I don't want to go with boring old Thorntons again

Comments

• Options
    Nice idea :)
    I found this one, it's a Wales-based company too...
    http://www.mirandas-preserves.co.uk/welcome.html
    It doesn't say anything specifically about diabetics on the website but I found it through the Abergavenny Food Festival site which said that they do stuff suitable for diabetics, so might be worth enquiring direct.
    Also try www.poshpickles.com I think you can order online from them.
  • Options
    Woo thanks! There was a stall at the Cardiff Christmas market last year doing diabetic jams etc but I don't know the name! I'm hoping they'll be there again but need a backup plan if not!
  • Options
    Diabetic Preserves

We get ours from www.thevegbasket.co.uk and they also send out nationally even though they can be found at markets in South Wales

kangoo wrote: »
    My grandparents are diabetic and they like to get nice food for Christmas that is suitable for them, only they always get chocolate and I'd like to get them something different this year! Does anyone know where to get diabetic jams and chutneys from, or any other interesting diabetic food? I don't want to go with boring old Thorntons again
  • Options
    Diabetic Preserves

We use this site www.thevegbasket.co.uk
    They have diabetic suitable goods that are approved by the diabetic association UK we also bought from them at the Cardiff Xmas market and regularly have goods delivered to us in South Wales and our friends have items sent by courier to Kent without any problems. I hope this helps
  • Options
    I got a jar of garlic and chilli chutney from the xmas stall in Cardiff on Sunday with no added sugar so all is well :D
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    I got a jar of garlic and chilli chutney from the xmas stall in Cardiff on Sunday with no added sugar so all is well :D

You always seem to be catering for so many mad dietary conditions!
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    You always seem to be catering for so many mad dietary conditions!

Tell me about it!!