Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Oh dear, the BBC have cocked it up again.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A load of people's Strictly Come Dancing votes didn't count tonight. All three dancers are going through to the final, and people's votes will count for next week instead. I don't understand it exactly (or watch it), but a lot of people aren't happy. :lol:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What happened was that normally the two lowest scoring couples would go through to a dance off, with the highest scoring couple going through to the final.

With two couples having exactly the same scores (75pts) there was only one lowest points score, which meant you couldnt exactly have a dance off, one couple against themselves?

Hardly the BBC's fault for that.
    As someone who watches this show - and not just because he thinks Rachel Stevens looks absolutely ravishing these days - I think it was the best way forward given the unusual circumstances. No complaints here.

Then again, I have been drinking tonight.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    As someone who watches this show - and not just because he thinks Rachel Stevens looks absolutely ravishing these days - I think it was the best way forward given the unusual circumstances. No complaints here.

Then again, I have been drinking tonight.

Shes the only one i ever fancied in S Club 7.
    MrG wrote: »
    Shes the only one i ever fancied in S Club 7.
    Hannah! :love:

I always thought she looked far too young.
    I've known S Club 7 and Rachel Stevens separately. I didn't know that Rachael was from S Club 7 though!

Me too. Until she got a teenage boy haircut, that is.
    MrG wrote: »
    What happened was that normally the two lowest scoring couples would go through to a dance off, with the highest scoring couple going through to the final.

With two couples having exactly the same scores (75pts) there was only one lowest points score, which meant you couldnt exactly have a dance off, one couple against themselves?

Hardly the BBC's fault for that.

Who came up with the voting system? I find it stupid that they're so paranoid about phone votes that they can't even allow a little competition on Radio 1, with the winners pulled out of a hat, but they can come up with something that is so complicated as to allow loads of people to vote without it actually counting for anything, and not even realise that it was a possibility until it was too late.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    This outcome pleases me because I find Tom rather easy on the eyes.

And if the voting had been allowed to continue, Tom would've been out :(
    If they all count towards the final (the Saturday coming) then I don't think there's a problem.