Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how do you boost your body confidence?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my body shape keeps changing! my tummy is smaller, but my lower legs and back have become mega muscly and eveything else still feels flabby as fuck.

i never feel like i look that good anymore, not in clothes anyway, i don't mind myself naked, but i'm starting to dislike everything again. I'm going back to mountain boarding and weight training in january, but i know its not just how i actually look its how i feel. I've asked load of the fashion students, and they are as harsh as fuck about looks, and they've just said i'm curvy...

what can i do to make myself feel better about how i look? I did book a personal stylist at debenhams and she was utterly useless, and made me feel utterly fat and frumpy

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my body shape keeps changing! my tummy is smaller, but my lower legs and back have become mega muscly and eveything else still feels flabby as fuck.

i never feel like i look that good anymore, not in clothes anyway, i don't mind myself naked, but i'm starting to dislike everything again. I'm going back to mountain boarding and weight training in january, but i know its not just how i actually look its how i feel. I've asked load of the fashion students, and they are as harsh as fuck about looks, and they've just said i'm curvy...

what can i do to make myself feel better about how i look? I did book a personal stylist at debenhams and she was utterly useless, and made me feel utterly fat and frumpy

Okay...I have BDD so I'm not the best person to ask! But, I personally find that as soon as you start pampering yourself and taking care of your body, you feel better about yourself. After a nice long bath and pamper session I always feel like my body is worth paying attention to, so it makes me feel better on the inside.
    Don't ask fashion students cause they don't know :p
    Shop around, think about the clothes that you wear that make you feel good and keep to clothes that shape or style.
    Hope that helps, at least as a starting point.
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    Okay...I have BDD so I'm not the best person to ask! .

I have this...bad times :crying:

I had a make-over the other week in Trafford Centre and for once I felt ever so slightly attractive :)
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I have this...bad times :crying:

I had a make-over the other week in Trafford Centre and for once I felt ever so slightly attractive :)

Go us! Heh... No really, it's good to know that someone else out there knows how I feel!

See? That just shows that treating your body nicely can help to treat your confidence nicely.
    Mm I hate 90% of fashion students - I am one myself. I'm not skinny at all, but not really curvy either: an odd shape all in.

Why not try organising a night out with your mates and getting done up to the nines for it? I always make an effort for going out and it feels great, plus the complements you'll get will really boost your confidence. (: