Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Who rates Luc Besson's Leon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Watched Leon again for the upteenth time last night and it never fails to amaze me.

I still can't believe Natalie Portman was a mere 11 at the time and could give such a commmanding performance. She must have won an oscar for something by now??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its a great film
    It's good but for me Nikita is better - Reno is more sinister, the tone seems stranger and Anne Parillaud and Tchéky Karyo are really solid in the roles.

Also feels it builds the tension a bit better and no one seems quite as super-human as they do in Leon.

However it was bloody good - Oldman's great manic performance.

Portman was nominated for Closer btw, but didn't win.
    me likey
    Watched Leon again for the upteenth time last night and it never fails to amaze me.

I still can't believe Natalie Portman was a mere 11 at the time and could give such a commmanding performance. She must have won an oscar for something by now??

One of my favourite films and one of the few i've actually rewatched a few times :)
    Very good film. Liked it alot. Gary Oldman is awesome in it as the nutter.
    I remember watching it when I was like thirteen or something, Loved every second of it, but I had to turn it off half way through, because my parents said I had to go to bed.
    Still, watched it all a few years later.
    Got the DVD and watched it again a few weeks back (mainly because I watched 5th Element a few days before then and got a craving to see another Besson film). It is still fantastic.
    Like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and many others beside, it is just watchable again and again.
    Haven't seen Nikita yet so I can't comment on that.
    Never seen it, but I keep meaning to.

(Wow...valid input!)
    Fantastic film, must track it down again.
    It seems to be one of those films that if you haven't watched it, you haven't heard of it. But everyone I know who has watched it says it's fantastic.

"What do you mean Everyone?"

"EVERYONE!!!!!"

(See what I did there?)

Really. I have heard nothing bad about it whatsoever.