Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you playing right now...

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Where's the Halo 3 players?

Wihtout a doubt the best strategic ffs there is. I love COD 4 but Halo is a far more polished and thoughtful game - not just spawn, shoot and then die crap.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I keep playing spore and then going off it 'cos I can't figure out the space view.

Been playing topspin on ps3 tonight...
    Addict wrote: »
    :lol: @ that video on Treyarch link. WTF?

Don't knock the great consolevania man :) Still the best people making an games videos about the industry :)

"At least I got that"
    Skive wrote: »
    Where's the Halo 3 players?

Wihtout a doubt the best strategic ffs there is. I love COD 4 but Halo is a far more polished and thoughtful game - not just spawn, shoot and then die crap.

I'm stuck PC only right now - when I can pick up a 360 you better believe I'm gonna make you pay for how many hours I spent making you your personalised colour scheme :p
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Jim V wrote: »
    I'm stuck PC only right now - when I can pick up a 360 you better believe I'm gonna make you pay for how many hours I spent making you your personalised colour scheme :p

Sorry I completely forgot you were doing that.
    Just checked it out, that's quality. :thumb: Thank you.
    Weekender Offender 
    ha, no worries man, glad you like it
    That fucking dragon quest in Coldarra is pissing me off something rotten.
    Metal Gear 4. At last.
    Just uploaded Mines of Moria expansion for Lord of the Rings online - going to kill some orcs when I get home
  • Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Jim V wrote: »
    Currently having a go of Valkyrie Profile on epsxe - always been fascinated by the premise and the games cool, if insanely complicated once you get into it. Roll on the Policenauts translation (6 known bugs (2 major, 3 intermediate, 1 low) 7 patches to implement (6 small-medium size, 1 very large) Disc 1 Alpha has been played all the way through - just for all the total geeks out there who even know what the hell I'm talking about ;) )

Hey Jim, is that the PS2 game? I'm interested in that one - is it worth picking up?

In the midst of everything else that I'm playing, I've now drawn myself into the first Silent Hill on PS1.... spooky.
    Both ps1 actually but both still good :)
    Just finished MGS4.

Awesome. Easily the best game I've played this year.
    Just finished Call Of Duty: World At War..... Best one yet I reckon. Storming Berlin and the Reichstag was fucking SICK!

Still working on Fallout 3.
    GTA IV (as it recently came out for the PC) :hyper:
    World of Goo
    Fallout 3 not so long ago

oh, and Final Fantasy 12 on the PS2, but that's been on the go for ages...
    Started on Fallout 3 this week. I love the open-endedness of it. It's great that you can stumble upon things :)

Still meaning to go back to Spore too, I kinda left that one once i'd done the space section for an hour.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    These days I'm re-playing Okami.
    Still the best game I've ever played.
    I'm thinking of picking up a PS2 to play Persona 3 and 4, some other Shin Megami Tensei games and Yakuza - I'll have to remember to get Okami as well.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Just finished Call Of Duty: World At War..... Best one yet I reckon. Storming Berlin and the Reichstag was fucking SICK!

Astonshing wasn't it, the last level was just overwhelming.
    I'm wasting a few hours away with Anno 1701. It's quite ok.

A friend of mine buys so many games and plays only so little. Might as well borrow sacred 2 from him and have a look at it^^
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Still working on Fallout 3.

Yeh Call of Duty = Great game. Alot "harsher" i thought then any other Call of Duty games i've played. Seeing guys explode and their limbs flying when you use machine gun at close range, or killing wounded enemy soldiers as they struggle to get away. Very good game though.
    Hurrah :)
    I'm acing Zoo Keeper on the DS. I win! =]
    Okami is excellent! I've not been able to re-play it though coz my girlfriend borrowed it about six months ago :p

Played four player Rockband for the first time last night. That was a good laugh :D
    Okami is awesome!

but im rinsing Fable 2 at the mo :D is siiiick!
    GTA4. It's getting better.
    just finished hl2
    been playing alot of css on my computer and some skate on my ps3
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Just finished Force Unleashed - awesome story, decent God of War like gameplay but some extremely frustrating flaws.
    I just finished it too. Good story, but it wasn't so great as I expected from all the hype about it. I expected a twist of some kind (like Starkiller turning out to be Han Solo or Vader being proven to have never really been turned), this is more like the answer to a question no one had asked (which was good to have, though).
    I don't really get your comparison to God of War. That one at least had some puzzles in it. Force Unleashed was "Kill, walk, kill walk, and so on".
    I just finished it too. Good story, but it wasn't so great as I expected from all the hype about it. I expected a twist of some kind (like Starkiller turning out to be Han Solo or Vader being proven to have never really been turned), this is more like the answer to a question no one had asked (which was good to have, though).
    I don't really get your comparison to God of War. That one at least had some puzzles in it. Force Unleashed was "Kill, walk, kill walk, and so on".

I thought Force Unleashed was fucking sick....but then I love most Star Wars games. :p
    I kinda know what you mean about all the hype though... the only dissapointment for me, was that I expected it to have more of a role playing element...like KOTOR.

I've just finished Fallout 3.....wow, thanks Jim for reccomending it! Playing it again now...
    Playing old school game called Tachyon "The Fringe" atm..
    Metal Gear Solid 4 again.

It's a crock of shit but it's seems to be in everyone's top ten of the year. I'll see if it's improved any in the last 6 months.