Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jobseekers question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Dear all

Wondered if anyone could give me any advice. I've been on jobseekers for around 6 months now. The first 3 of those was when I was living at a different address, renting off a friend. This is where I first claimed. Then I moved to a different address and have been here around 3 months now.

Basically my previous landlord was contacted by the council who've been paying my dole money since i started the claim. He had to be interviewed, informally about me and my claim. This was a couple of weeks ago, then I got a call from someone at the council saying I have to go in for an interview which will be recorded under the criminals act! This startled me, I asked how serious this was and why this should have to happen, but he didn't really say. He said it was quite serious. He said he has to send out about 10 letters a week to jobseekers to come in and be interviewed.

He also said it would be wise to bring in my bank statements from when I was living at my previous place. I want to know if anyone knows anything about why this is happening? And how serious it is? I haven't done anything untowards, I've not been working or anything that should warrant this interview.

Anyone know what this is about?

Comments

• Options
    Did you make them aware of your change of address?
  • Options
    Yes I rang them and had told them several times, but they have frequnetly screwed things up. I am beginning to think that it may be because the council from the other place are still the ones paying me my dole money. When it should be the new place. I hope this is it. I have been worrying about it.