Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Wire Awards (contains spoilers)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Well that's the boxsets finished and it was nice to find something that exceeded all the hype. Apologies if this has been done already but I've been way down in the hole....sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

Best Opening: Omar going to buy cereal in the morning

Best Character: Stringer Bell

Best Episode: 'Boys of Summer' (Season 4, Episode 1)

Best Scene: D'Angelo Barksdale: 'Where's Wallace at?'

Most chilling moment: Marlo comforting Proposition Joe just before he's murdered.

Saddest storyline: Bubbles and the death of Sherrod

Anyone else??? come on Mr Valentine that includes you...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    As you wish good sir, as you wish...

Oh and check out the last season of The Shield if you get the chance man - it was the best conclusion to a telelvision show in history. Really brought it pretty close to The Wire...

Best opening - I'd agree with the cereal

Best character - McNulty

Best Episode - Middle Ground (Season 3, episode 11... I was sure season 3 had more episodes than usually, must have been thinking of Oz)

Best scene - Fuck, fuckkkkk, fuck, motherfucker. Either that or the final conversation between McNulty and Bodie

Chilling moment - When you realise what McNulty will do to get the wire he needs in the last season

Saddest storyline - I'd go with Bodie - a pawn who knows he's a pawn
  • Options
    I fell behind with The Shield but recently discovered a friend who has most of them so thats my next mission and then Oz. I was torn between the Bubbles storyline and the Bodie one. His last scene when they are coming out of the shadows was most excellent.

As someone who aspires to write this show has been massively influential for me. I think an understated strength was its character development and the way it played on your own emotions. I am still trying to work out how I went from completely despising the character of Snoop to feeling empathy by her last spoken line 'How my hair look, Mike'. Genius.

ps look out for Generation Kill in 2009, Ziggy from series 2 has a major role.

pps Did you ever the photofit of the suspected killer of Notorious BIG? He was said to be a notorious underworld hitman who dressed in a Nation of Islam style suit and bow tie. Remind you of anyone???