Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

SMA LF + Gripe Water?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We were told by the Health Visitor and family that we should try some Colief as baby was displaying signs of colic, it helped a bit but then went back to crying and not wanting to be put down. Next the Health Visitor said that she thinks he could be lactose intolerant so we changed his milk to SMA LF which in the first couple of days seemed to work and he was great, looked more happy, had more colour in his face etc. After those couple of days he has gone back to being really unhappy and crying all night so I am not sure if it is the lactose thing or it's colic.

We are going to keep him on SMA LF until his 6 week check with the GP this week but I would like to know if Gripe Water might help and if anyone has tried it, I was thinking of using the Colief again but there isn't much point using that and lactose free milk.

Comments

• Options
    I was told colief drops were mean be to be one of the best.

Are you sure its not just a cry to help try and settle him\herself? As this is something babys need to learn, its all about trial and error though.

Have a look on http://www.bounty.com/ there is also a section for dads and forums. Might get alot more replys there as everyone on thier has kids.

Out of interest what made her thing he was lactose intolerant?
  • Options
    if its colic, I think you just have to wait it out.
    My first son had colic and it was horrid, but it usually goes at around 4 months. Have you tried infacol?
  • Options
    id also recommend the forums at www.babyworld.co.uk