Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

X Factor

2»

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    kezia wrote: »
    i cried when eoghan cried. :D
    Something you shouldn't really have admitted! :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote: »
    Something you shouldn't really have admitted! :p
    hehe i know. but honestly i was sobbing. she was singing, good as gold, then he ran on all heartbroken and i melted then she was sobbing and saying she loved everyone and my little heart ached. :)

then my boyfriend said 'what's he crying for, she's not going off to slaughter' and i had to throw things at him for being insensitive to my emotional outburst. :D
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    then my boyfriend said 'what's he crying for, she's not going off to slaughter' and i had to throw things at him for being insensitive to my emotional outburst. :D

Yeah I woulda probably said the same :p

To be fair, she'll have ten times the career he will even if he wins the thing. She's actually got an original voice, whereas he's like thousands of other 16 year olds they could've picked off the production line. An okay voice, but we can't criticise him because isn't he cute. Or in Louis' case, we can't criticise him because isn't he Irish.
    To be fair, she'll have ten times the career he will even if he wins the thing. She's actually got an original voice, whereas he's like thousands of other 16 year olds they could've picked off the production line. An okay voice, but we can't criticise him because isn't he cute. Or in Louis' case, we can't criticise him because isn't he Irish.

I don't understand this 'original voice' malarky. Has no one heard of Ashlee Simpson and Kate Nash??
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    I don't understand this 'original voice' malarky. Has no one heard of Ashlee Simpson and Kate Nash??
    She sounds bugger all like them :p. I :heart: Diana but I fucking hate Kate Nash. Eoghan totally should have gone, not her. And Steph - I almost cried, it was sad and she was ROBBED.
    Nut.
    The whole X Factor thing annoys me. GRR.
    FTW: I'm entering next year if I don't get into my postgrad!
    I have to agree, I don't think she sounds anything like Ashlee Simpson or Kate Nash...if anyone I thought perhaps the singer from the Cranberries, Dolores thingymajig? :chin:
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    I have to agree, I don't think she sounds anything like Ashlee Simpson or Kate Nash...if anyone I thought perhaps the singer from the Cranberries, Dolores thingymajig? :chin:

I think she sounds like a cross between the two, with some Dido thrown in. But that said I only heard her on Saturday.
    Urgh. I totally don't like her though.
    IWishIWas wrote: »

Having an original voice means you've got a good recording voice for solo work. Having a voice that sounds like everyone else means you're either a backing singer or get put in a boyband, even if you're technically a decent singer. You won't find many solo singers that aren't instantly recognisable, even if they're not great, which is why so many former band members fail to make it big when they go it alone. It's why Gareth Gates and Shayne Ward disappeared into obscurity, while Will Young is still going strong. I think Diana will be the same. In that crappy Hero song, she's pretty much the only one where you can instantly recognise it's her singing.

Kate Nash writes her own songs, which is another thing altogether. If you can write your own songs, then they'll be made however you want them to be. You can be a completely useless singer if you can write, it doesn't matter.
    Fair.
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    if anyone I thought perhaps the singer from the Cranberries, Dolores thingymajig? :chin:

So true! Can reet imagine her giving it a bit of 'zombie-ee, zombie-ee, zombie-ee ee-ee ee-ee'.

Diana shouldn't have won because she isn't bland enough to be 'X-Factor-Winner'. She'll do ok on her own. Let Alexandra get chucked all the paint-by-numbers ballady shite instead.