Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dry Skin and Blemishes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, for the past few months I've been using a bit of powder to cover up the blemishes on my nose. I've noticed though that the skin on my nose and surrounding it is really dry. I'm not sure if this is because I'm using the powder, or whether the powder just shows it up more.

What's a good way of covering blemishes for people with dry and sensitive skin?
Or what's a nice (and healthy as much as possible) way of moisturising my face?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nope?
    I get super dry skin around my nose in the winter, no kleenex is soft and gentle enough ;) I just use my regular moisturizer (olay or proactive) make sure to get that area good. If it is really bad and peeling, at night I will use a night renewel cream or lotion just on the nose as well. It goes away in a couple days. :)
    The powder will be making it look loads worse than it actually is! I have dry skin too, and have the same trouble!

I'd recommend using a scrub to help get rid of old skin. Simple do a good one for sensitive skin, but I'm sure loads of other brands do too. Then whack on a bit of moisturiser (I'm a fan of good old Nivea).

And for covering up, on dry skin a liquid foundation is more flattering that a powder (although you can use a teeny bit of powder to set it). I really like Bourjois plumping foundation on my skin - looks really natural and hydrated :)
    I have dry and sensitive skin and I have found that Neutrogena intensive moisturising cream works best. Also, you should use a liquid concealer /foundation rather than just powder.
    Thanks guys for your help! I'll be taking a trip to Boots soon!
    I'm so retarded when it comes to this make up malarky :s
    if you have dry skin, don't use powder at all, and don't use oil free moisturisers or foundations...
    if you have dry skin, don't use powder at all, and don't use oil free moisturisers or foundations...

Okies! I'll bare this in mind when I go browsing!