Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stafford??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
awight :)

just moved to Stafford a month ago, got a job, settled in okay :) SO now i have a bit of money im wondering if theres any decent places to go out in the area, Stafford town in a bit lame but are there any good places in the surrounding areas? Hanley, Rugeley etc?

also would be sooo grateful if anyone knew of any decent rock/metal/punk venues/clubs/bars in Staffordshire?

groovey
:)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm from Stafford of all places :-)

It's a shame that Stafford doesn't extend much beyond the generic cheese policy. The Surgery in Stafford had some rock/metal nights but I think that stopped a while back. The Grapes is a folk club that has live rock acts (mainly tribute bands) and occasional jamming nights (where people bring their own instruments). Hanley's quite good for a night out. You get there by train from Stafford then you share a taxi back to Stafford. Birmingham's got most the decent places, and you can get a National Express bus that leaves Bham at 3:15AM and take you to Stafford for 3:55 even on Sat/Sun nights.
    Joxer Brady's, in the town centre behind Smiths and HSBC, used to have some decent music nights. Long time since I bothered with them though... Surgery used to be quite good too, but - again - it's a long time since I bothered with them.

Think this brings the number of Staffordians up to... 4 now? Not seen Nikki on here for a while though...
    There was a user on this board called "Stafford" (can't remember his real name), but again, he hasn't shown up here recently.
    I just searched. His last post was over 3 years ago! ;)