Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self-harm advisory group

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Hi guys,

We've set up a self-harm advisory group to help make sure TheSite.org's new self harm resource (to be launched soon) is a valuable resource.

If this sounds like something you'd like to get involved in then take a look at the opportunity on our sister site do-it.org.uk, here:

http://www.do-it.org.uk/oppdetails.do?id=1318128

Any questions, give me a shout.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hi helen,

how are you today?

I am not feeling too good lately...just been having a browse through that link. What is it that you I need to do and is it all voluntary?
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi becks,
    Yes it is voluntary and it relates to providing thoughts and feedback on a new section of the website dedicated to self-harm advice.

I'll be honest with you though becks, if you're feeling quite low and depressed, I really wouldn't advise getting involved with this project - it's quite a tough topic and probably not the best thing to be focussing on at this time. It also sounds like you have quite a lot on your plate already with your course and work in youth club. Having said that, there are lots of other opps on the website that may be just right for you, so worth having a gander - just search using your postcode to find local opps. :)
    Hi Helen!

Just a wee bit confused... Is this done virtually or do I need to be available somewhere in person?

I'm really interested but I live in Scotland and travelling isn't really an option at the moment, unfortunately.
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    Hi Helen!

Just a wee bit confused... Is this done virtually or do I need to be available somewhere in person?

I'm really interested but I live in Scotland and travelling isn't really an option at the moment, unfortunately.

:yes: it's completely virtual and questions are asked/tasks set up through these discussion boards. :)
    **Helen** wrote: »
    :yes: it's completely virtual and questions are asked/tasks set up through these discussion boards. :)

Ooh! Then I'll get applying!
    Yay! I can't wait to get involved with this.
    Tr4shed wrote: »
    I could help. I used to do it =/ So did, my ex, and my bestfriend.
    I helped em get through it.

If you need more for anything, i am here 24/7.

Feel free to apply. :)