Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

mixed weather holiday packing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm off to spain next tuesday and i've just looked at the weather, and its completely different depending if i'm gonna be on the coast or up in the mountains, and i don't no where i'm gonna be, it all depends where my mum can find for us to stay.

So i need to pack for both mild weather, and freezing cold and snowing weather...

i have to take xmas pressies as well, and i've only got 15 kg both ways, plus i have to bring some stuff back with me.

any suggestions as to what i could take? i'm thinking layers but layers are heavy! i'm going for 2 weeks...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    are you not even going to know where youre staying till you get there. Cant you get her to be at least specific to the region?
    well, not really cos we might have to move around! This is all cos neither of us can hack being at the house cos it holds to many crappy memories. more likely to be in mountains i think but i don't know.
    get some thermal base layers, they don't take up much room and are so warm it's unreal. you could even roll them up and fit them in a spare pair of shoes.
    well, i've already decided against taking new rocks, and my dm's are the best shoes to travel in so i can wear the heavy shoes, i don't know what else i can take. i think i'll have to go charity shop shopping for a couple of jumpers and an other pair of trousers. they've got thermals in primark haven't they? are they any good?
    Fur lined bikini :thumb:
    http://www.britishthermals.com/Womens_Thermals

theyre quite cheap for thermals
    American Apparel do thermals in lots of colours, and as naff as it may sound, M&S and BHS would be great for them. As for the packing, wear your heaviest items traveling as has been said, and make sure you do pack some shorts, flip flops and a swimsuit as they're light. Roll things up tight and fit them into shoes - when packing, I've always found it's best to think like it's a game of Tetris. Will you have a washing machine there? If so you can afford to pack less.