Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

carols of praise

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Here we are with just over 2 weeks to the most exciting time of the year? Well, that is for some of us?
We have had unscramble the songs but I wondered if there was a particular carol that you either love or hate. I always like Once in Royal david's city because I always tried to sing as solo but the school always chose the same person which I did not think was fair.
Anyone been carol singing and had anything thrown at them apart from money and would you carol sing in the 21st century? I would sing but think I may get arrested for too much noise....lol or maybe they think I am being strangled hehehe.

So with not many days to go how are we all coping? Will you be away in a manger, or will you be a silent night or maybe a we three king?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I heard a great version of "we three kings" the other day by finn peters, in session on gilles peterson's show on radio 1... can't find it by itself but the whole show is here if you're into that kinda thing.

as for singing myself, I wouldnt- part because I'm not christian, and part because I cant sing :lol:

however, you say you'd get arrested, but I'm sure there will be carolling groups around town centres this year as always, might be worth trying to get involved :)