Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

pain in right side just above hip?!

bloody weird.

have got this weird pain just above my right hip.

everytime i sneeze, it really hurts.

could it just be that ive hurt a muscle (although I don't know how).

never felt owt like this before!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Hi,
    Thanks for posting, random pains like this can be worrying if you have no idea where they come from.
    The main things to look out for are how long it lasts and whether or not it gets worse. If anything changes, or if it lasts more than a few days, go to the doctor! It?s worth remembering that just above your right hip is where your appendix is?
    Having said all that, it probably is just a pulled muscle as you said. You use those muscles for almost everything ? laughing, walking, sitting up ? so that is bound to happen every now and again.
    Keep us posted, and I hope you feel better soon.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It could be cystitis. I get a pain there when I get it.
    Yup, I agree with Lea. Get some cranberry juice!!
    sounds like it could be the appendix. get checked, maybe it needs to be removed.
    Its not cystitus. I've had that before and its very very painful when I go to the toilet :(

The pain is still there unfortunately.

Will probably pop the doctors next week if the pain doesn't go away! Hope it isn't appendicitus. Just been looking on the NHS website and eurgh, I have some of the symptoms...one being that I haven't errr been the toilet in over a week :(

Will probably pop the doctors next week if the pain doesn't go away! Hope it isn't appendicitus. Just been looking on the NHS website and eurgh, I have some of the symptoms...one being that I haven't errr been the toilet in over a week :(

:eek:

WTF are you doing?! Get yourself to the doctors!
    That could be the problem right there. I was poopless a couple years ago and had just excruating pain in the side of my abdomen, especially after eating. Almost went to the doctors as my dad thought it might be the gallblader, which runs in the family, but then I realized I hadn't pooped in about a week and a half... I don't go much so I hadn't thought about the lack there of until then :p

One reccomended dose of an OTC laxative worked for me, but even if it was that I agree with the others that a trip to the doctor might be more usefull and safe.
    I haven't errr been the toilet in over a week

I may not be Dr House, but I think that's your answer, right there.
  • Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Yes, being constipated could definitely do that to you.
    This is actually the subject of a question and answer on TheSite.org, which suggests some possible causes and (like these sensible people) it also recommends that you go and see your GP. :yes:
    It's not a nice feeling, so I'm sure the reassurance alone would be worth it!
    Get some fibre in you!
    hernia... ok, ignore me.