Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wino costume

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We've got a fancy dress theme going on New Year and i'm rubbish at deciding what to go as and usually feel a bit of a tit if i'm honest :D I thought well if i'm going to feel one i might as well go the whole hog and do a comedy type character so i've decided to go as Amy Winehouse (unoriginal i know). But my main problem is i don't like flashing a lot of my top half. Do you reckon i could get away with a gaudy type blouse with black pencil skirt and big heels? Plus tattoos/wig/make up? I was thinking maybe in your face leopard print type blouse or something?
Any help/ideas appreciated, having a mind blank week.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    eyeliner and hair are the mian things I recon. cover up top half if you want- will still be recognisable.
    Yeah, it's the face, the hair and the tattoos that make it. So leopard print or something minging would be grand!
    I dressed up as Amy Winehouse for a fancy dress party a while ago and I don't like flashing my (lack of) cleavage either - I just wore a black top and black pencil skirt with big tacky red belt and it was fine. As the others have said, it was the over-the-top eyeliner, beehive and fake pin-up girls tattoos that made the outfit recognisable! I loved being her for the night, gave me a great excuse to get lashed and make a prat of myself :D
    When i went to see Amy a few months ago she wore cropped jeans and a checked shirt on stage with pumps and obviously still looked very amy like - so you could go for low key amy.
    Yeah, just make sure you include blood-stained ballet pumps and gurning for maximum effect.
    Olive wrote: »
    Yeah, just make sure you include blood-stained ballet pumps and gurning for maximum effect.

See the plan was i'm going to turn up as Amy when she looked healthy. More than likely with the alcohol consumption going up through the night i'll look like Amy after a bender by the time i've finished :) (well looking rough and gurning, drugs/blood/showing my undercrackers hopefully will not apply) :)

Think i've found a leopard print shift dress which i can add huge heels to and look dodgy enough :thumb: