Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

12 months god damnit!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm starting to get very frustrated and upset now.
I broke up with my ex last chrsitmas and since then it has been a complete dry spell.
Not even a snifter of a woman.
It's not just the lack of sex. In fact its probably nothing to do with it.
Since that time I moved out of my parents house and I really miss having someone to be with. I just want someone who I can be affectionate to and have that affection reciprocated.
It all feels very lonely.

Any advice?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    tbh, even though i miss having sex on a regular basis...actually that didn't happen much in my last relationship but anyway...its more the loneliness factor. its not having someone to talk to about stuff, to go see a film that could actually be crap, to try out new recipes on, have nights in with, just companionship really...

living alone can make it worse. infact i actually share a kitchen with 6 other people, and still its like living on my own, because i don't get to interact with them, and at weekend's no one is here...

maybe you should stop looking, and just go out and have some fun, and i know this is easier said than done, but learn to enjoy your own company, and then others will enjoy it too...
    Ah well.
    Having a night out tomorrow with some mates.
    Might meet someone then (fingers crossed).
    If not, my hand wont let me down.
    STOP LOOKING!

you will seem desperate. seriously, take advice on how to not look desperate from a woman who has done with being desperate, and got all the brownie badges in it...
    Maybe you are feeling lonely because it is almost christmas and you say that you have not been with a woman for this length of time. Christmas can be a very lonely time for lots of people and I know how you feel about the loneliness....but if you give your self more time maybe if you happen to go out over the christmas period you may meet someone or if not take yourself out to a pub they are great places for meeting new people.
    becks27 wrote: »
    Maybe you are feeling lonely because it is almost christmas and you say that you have not been with a woman for this length of time. Christmas can be a very lonely time for lots of people and I know how you feel about the loneliness....but if you give your self more time maybe if you happen to go out over the christmas period you may meet someone or if not take yourself out to a pub they are great places for meeting new people.

Yeah, that's a good idea!
    dude.....its all about your attitude and confidence. Talk to as many girls as possible but don't seem desperate and if you get rejected move to the next girl. They love to chase boys they think they cant have and so it can work in your favour by acting like the "prize". The best place to find partners is work or parties, clubs are just for one night stands in my experience.