Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Exercise tips for working at home

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am working from home all day and in the evenings, and due to low income I don't get any option to spend much time exercising outdoors. What can I do at home, without any budget for equipment? What are the most effective ways to stay in shape or get in shape?

I can only remember a few things from school - leg raising, pressups and situps. But there must be more?

Comments

• Options
    Why not buy a cheap fitness DVD from e-bay?
  • Options
    Get a medicine ball. They come in various weight, it's like a heavy basketball. You can play around with it all day even while you work. It comes with a manual with suggested set of exercises, but you can get creative.
  • Options
    I've added medicine ball to my christmas shopping list. What do you mean by creative? Any ideas for how I can use a medicine ball to exercise at the same time as typing? If I could do that, it would be brilliant - I could do my work and exercise simultaneously.
  • Options
    DVDs!
    I'm too scared and too poor to go to the gym so I use fitness DVDs. The one I've been using most is amazing =] Have a look on www.play.com cause they've got quite a few at nice prices.
  • Options
    Stan221 wrote: »
    I've added medicine ball to my christmas shopping list. What do you mean by creative? Any ideas for how I can use a medicine ball to exercise at the same time as typing? If I could do that, it would be brilliant - I could do my work and exercise simultaneously.

Err - no. You need to be lifting/holding the medicine ball in order to use it. Use google.

Attempting to 'exercise' and work at the same time is stupid. It just doesn't work.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Err - no. You need to be lifting/holding the medicine ball in order to use it. Use google.

Attempting to 'exercise' and work at the same time is stupid. It just doesn't work.

Unless you're a PE teacher or an aerobics instructor!
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    Unless you're a PE teacher or an aerobics instructor!

Indeed.

Although I don't remember my PE teacher doing much exercise ;)
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Indeed.

Although I don't remember my PE teacher doing much exercise ;)

This is a very good point. Both the ones at one of my high schools were small fat old ladies.