Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dope tea

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know how long (on average) it takes for dope tea to have an effect?

I'm keeping away from the codeine but I still get back pain so I'm thinking this will help. I'm not a smoker and I'm not going to start just for this so I'm thinking of other ways of ingesting it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im sure someone said on here before, eating/ drinking it would be quicker into the blood stream than smoking it.

Bake some hash cakes. Cant stand tea.
    Ages if at all. It's a waste of cannabis you need to put it in a milky drink.
    The way i used to do it was to grind up solid (lol) and pour on almost boiling milk and leave it for 5 minutes then strain it. It took an hour or so to work but it always put a big grin on my face.
    Calvin wrote: »
    Im sure someone said on here before, eating/ drinking it would be quicker into the blood stream than smoking it.

Bake some hash cakes. Cant stand tea.
    minime38 wrote:
    Ages if at all. It's a waste of cannabis you need to put it in a milky drink.

OK, 2 contradictory posts, can anyone shed any light?
    I used to put a tiny bit of vegetable oil on a teaspoon, sprinkle the solid on, heat it up then add to my favourite yoghurt.

Always worked a treat :D
    So in answer to my question.....?
    Cannabis isnt water soluble, otherwise bongs wouldnt work. It is fat soluble, which is why it takes so long to leave the body and why you dont get withdrawl symptoms like with other drugs.

So, just puting some in a cup of tea is likely to do absolutely nothing because there isnt going to be enough fat in the small amount of milk.

Something like a hot chocolate with full cream milk would work, if you let it boil on the stove gently for a little while.

But to be frank this is missing the point entirely, you are looking for pain relief which is something you should discuss with your GP not with your local cannabis dealer.

Also if you are not used to it I would advise against ingesting it in this way, THC is changed in the liver into a longer lasting and more hallucinogenic chemical which can lead to strong and unpleasant experiences.
    Calvin wrote: »

Absolutely and completely not the case, smoking allows it to enter the blood almost straight away, there is some debate as to whether smoking is actually quicker than IV, because of the amount which can cross over in the lungs.
    budda wrote: »
    Something like a hot chocolate with full cream milk would work, if you let it boil on the stove gently for a little while.

Boil which, the milk or the hot choc? I like that idea, I'll probably try it.
    Boil which, the milk or the hot choc? I like that idea, I'll probably try it.

If you are going to try it, which to be frank I think is a bad idea, I would simmer a small amount (its always best to underestimate) gently with a cup of milk on the stove for a few mins then make hot chocolate with it.

But I do think this is a stupid way forward, you say you are in pain and yet you dont discuss it with your GP
    I have discussed it and he's prescribed solpadol - but I've been using that too much so I want to move away from that. I was also offered tramadol but that was useless.

Rather than keeping with the prescriptions I'm going to use a TENS machine plus dope for the buzz :)
    I have discussed it and he's prescribed solpadol - but I've been using that too much so I want to move away from that. I was also offered tramadol but that was useless.

Rather than keeping with the prescriptions I'm going to use a TENS machine plus dope for the buzz :)

If what you have been given isnt working then you need to discuss this with your GP.

Using cannabis is not a long term solution.
    As I've said, I'll be using it for the buzz ;)
    Can anyone confirm the effectiveness of using a tiny bit of vegetable oil to melt it down then adding it to a yoghurt because I'm seriously considering returning to using ir for pain relief but don't wanna smoke it, cos that gets out of hand and costs a fortune.
    budda wrote: »
    Absolutely and completely not the case, smoking allows it to enter the blood almost straight away.

Ok, it was the other way around then
    Lucid-Life wrote: »
    I used to put a tiny bit of vegetable oil on a teaspoon, sprinkle the solid on, heat it up then add to my favourite yoghurt.

Always worked a treat :D

yup i done the same

well .. spread some solid into a tablespoon, stuck a teaspoon of oil onto it, heated it up until it turned into a brown liquid solution then fired it into a yoghurt and downed it

extreme caution advised!! it takes very little and is very effective .. takes a while to kick in, slowly but surely creeps up on you and before you know it you're stoned out

can be very intense, slightly trippy, and theres no going back .. expect 4 - 6 hours of being very stoned

also, don't take it at night if you've to do something the following morning, getting out of bed is a mission and you still feel stoned to the dick
    Dope tea? What's the point of that just chuck it in a youghart like the other boys have said.