Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Upload

I have a download speed of around 6000kb/s but my upload speed is only about 200kb/s.

Is there a way I can make that faster and is this a normal speed for uploads?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lucid-Life wrote: »
    I have a download speed of around 6000kb/s but my upload speed is only about 200kb/s.

Is there a way I can make that faster and is this a normal speed for uploads?

Hard to say without knowing your theoretical upload speed limit from your ISP. Most cable/ADSL schemes usually have lower upload rate than download cause most people have the need to download, although 6000/200 sounds a bit extreme. Check with your provider what it's supposed to be.

If you're supposed to have a greater upload speed, could also be something with your network card or wireless router if you have one. If on wireless, try connecting your computer to the modem directly, without anyting else in between to check your speed then. This will eliminiate/point out a router to be the bottleneck.
    I have it connected through ethernet. It's really annoying as i'm trying to upload videos to the interent and it takes in excess of ten minutes.
    He means the connection your router has to the internet, now how your computer is connected to the router/modem.
    most up to 8Mb connections have an upload of between 200 and 300 (ish) Kb per sec.

This is usual for most ISPs anyway unless you pay more for higher upload speeds
    Lucid-Life wrote: »
    I have it connected through ethernet. It's really annoying as i'm trying to upload videos to the interent and it takes in excess of ten minutes.

You want an SDSL line :) .