Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

atkins diet

ive heard alot of good things about this diet from the women in work. was just wanting more of an opinion...soooo, what are people's opinions on this diet? has anyone here gone on the atkins diet and if so, what was it like, what side effects did you suffer from and how much weight did you lose?

also, what sort of foods can you have? is it just meat and dairy? i only really eat chicken and don't eat dairy! can you not have any fruit or vegetables at all?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Urgh the Atkins Diet. Me my sister and my friend have all done it and it gives you the worse and I mean WORSE breath ever!! We all got headaches too. We did loose a some weight, not alot considering, but once we stopped it came back on straight away. I think we did it for about 2 months but we stopped. My friend craved carbs that much she cracked and ate a whole loaf of bread in desperation! We used to live in cheese, cream and meat like steak etc. Also as snaks we just ate the squeezy tubes of cheese, I can't even look at them now without wanting to :sour:

Seriously I'd give it a wide birth and do something like the GI diet.
  • Options
    Utter waste of time.

Between the Hot Rox, a healthy diet and good exercise, you should be losing plenty of bodyfat without any problems. Why do you feel the need to go that extra unnecessary step?
  • Options
    First fat burning pills and now this? What happened with the pills? Are you still taking them or have you stopped?

I think you should give some thought into looking at a lifestyle change as opposed to quick fix solutions. In your other thread you said you'd do the 'the whole healthy eating and exercising thing too'. How are you doing with that?
  • Options
    I think we're on the start of a slippery slope, yet again.
  • Options
    Atkins diet. The needless, and often cruel, slaughtering of even more animals to eat their carcasses, just to try and look good. :(
  • Options
    Just to say, if someone has set up a new account under a new name then they are perfectly entitled to expect the same anonymity as any other user.

I'd suggest people stick to the topic rather than a discussion of someone else. Which is not to say that people can't be clear that this is probably an unnecessary and unhealthy way to consider losing more weight.
  • Options
    please believe me, atkins diet is BAD NEWS

it is very bad for your body - your body mainly relies on carbohydrates for energy!!!! your brain uses glucose (a carbohydrate) as energy

atkins diet is very bad for the heart and people have died from it - if you want to lose weight, do it gradually with a healthy diet and regular exercise (treat yourself every now and then), you're more likely to keep the weight off

seriously, the atkins diet is baaaad