Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Feeling odd..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, stupid title i know...but i dont know how else to describe this topic.

Basically since i was very young, i remember having strange feelings; usually occuring at night in bed and usually before sleeping on nights when id end up ill with stupidly high fevers (resulting in trips to A&E).

Anyways, ive always tried to describe this feeling to drs/my parents and now my husband, but haven't been able to properly explain it until now. I was just in the drugs forum reading the ketamine thread when something popped out at me. This feeling was described perfectly as an altered perception of time and distance. Doesn't sound very scary/significant but it is and i just want to know what it is/what causes it.

Im not a drugs user, i doubt ive been drugged and so far nobody else seems to know what this is or even have experienced anything similar. Has anyone else experienced with without taking ket? Does anyone know what it is or what causes it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have had some strange panic/anxiety attacks not so disimilar... and i've had some pretty odd allergic reactions, where i've halucinated. infact when i get viruses that mean i get a fever, i almost always start halucinating. i had flu when i was 11 before i moved to spain, i was reading good night mr tom, had some very odd halucinations then...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i've been ill for the last week and instead of sleeping at nights i've just been lying there hallucinating its reallllly horrible and not helping at all to the point where i'm kind of scared of going to sleep or prefering to sleep in the day with the radio on so i dream of whats on the radio rather than what is in my head.

I think if i could just sleep i might get better - i've only been able to take paraceatamol as well so its unlikely to be that
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I do, once in a while, get some feelings that are usually associated with drugs, although I've never taken any.

More specifically, it happens sometimes that I feel like my fingers are absurdly thick or bony thin, or that I'm tiny in a huge room or the opposite. Size relational misperceptions, generally. This happens when I'm sleepy or trying to sleep, although I remember it happening at other times once or twice.