Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Obesity surgery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does any one know anyone who has had any form of obesity surgery? experiences and opinions people?

it is something that i have been pondering for awhile and would like to know what people think.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah, i know someone at work who had a gastric band fitted a few years ago. she has lost over half her body weight in about 2 years so its been successful but *shrugs*, i dont know, she always seems to be in alot of pain. she has alot of problems with her stomach now and she's always running back and forth to the toilets :|
    out of interest, does anyone know if surgeons will do lipo even if you have a healthy bmi? i have a healthy bmi but im fat. stupid bmi means jack shit :grump:
    I get sucked into watching alot of those health shows and I've seen many good results. You just have to be careful. I do know one person who has had the gastric bypass and she just kept eating like before. She has gone back to the hospital several times because food gets pushed into her intestines as its got nowhere else to go once you are all filled up and they have to actually have to go in there, grab all her insides and squeeze them clean. So really, from what I've seen and learned, a big part of how effective it is is up to you post-surgery.
    I get sucked into watching alot of those health shows and I've seen many good results. You just have to be careful. I do know one person who has had the gastric bypass and she just kept eating like before. She has gone back to the hospital several times because food gets pushed into her intestines as its got nowhere else to go once you are all filled up and they have to actually have to go in there, grab all her insides and squeeze them clean. So really, from what I've seen and learned, a big part of how effective it is is up to you post-surgery.

the person in work i know who has had it done still has problems with eating alot. i feel really really sorry for her really as i have eating issues myself.

i was in work the other day and i was in the canteen. she was looking at the chocolate bars. she told me she couldn't decide which one she wanted do bought all 5 that were available.

she is well known for puking up food she has eaten so she can carry on eating more. ive heard her myself.

its a shame really she feels the need to do that. she's slowly putting some of the weight she's lost back on.