Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

problem with album art work in itunes...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
for some reason almost all my music has its artwork in media player but not Itunes...

what can i do to sort this out?

Comments

• Options
    Is it normal for this type of program to fetch album art in the same way it fetches song titles from the internet CDDB database?

If not, then your best bet is to locate the user folders of both programs and do a manual copy of the album art. Although I'm not familiar with iTunes or Media Player, my understanding is that each album will be represented by a folder. Each folder will then have the MP3s for that album plus an image file for the art. It will be easy to tell which one is the image because it will have a different icon from the sound files. Sounds tedious but then again, I don't know my way through these modern programs. I'm a nostalgic Winamp user since 1999.
  • Options
    most don't have the artwork, they are taken off the net by windows media, but itunes just doesn't seem to want to do it...
  • Options
    For album art to work in iTunes you must have a valid 'Album name' if not, iTunes won't want to know.

I often find matching my songs with their songs helps and then just 'download album art work'