Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Thanksgiving

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Because thats what I do... and right now my drunk self will consider it a day worth more than just getting your fat pants out.

I will out myself here and say I am thankful to the site. You have helped waste many many a dull day at work, a drunk day at home or just a lonley time in need. And I have met the most absoutly wonderful people here and I hope to make that an in person reality some day. :)

Horray!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Last time I checked this was Britain.
    Bit late but happy thanksgiving :) Hmmm no turkey just Chinese takeaway last night!
    happy thanksgiving manda :heart:
    Happy thanksgiving :)
    Hang on unless I've missed something, we don't celebrate this thanksgiving mullarky :confused:
    Hang on unless I've missed something, we don't celebrate this thanksgiving mullarky :confused:

You ARE missing something! :) Simba is a well loved American cousin.
    Ah right - didn't realise we get yanks posting on here too :D
    Lol. Oh we have a few non-Brits on here .. posters from Pakistan, Iceland, India, Austria, to mention just a few. :)

And of course, my friend Star Galaxy is clearly from another planet. ;)
    I've never understood why foreignors would post on a UK forum unless it's to spam :confused:

So does anyone know what thanksgiving is all about?
    Teagan wrote: »
    And of course, my friend Star Galaxy is clearly from another planet. ;)

:lol:
    this site goes all over the world glenn...think we have lots of nationalities here which is cool I think. Have to be careful of spammers though oh and dont forget the spies?
    I've never understood why foreignors would post on a UK forum unless it's to spam :confused:

So does anyone know what thanksgiving is all about?

Well, people have the same issues no matter where they are from. Its our humanity that unites us.

Thanksgiving, celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November, at the end of the harvest season, is an annual American Federal holiday to express thanks for one's material and spiritual possessions. Although the origins can be traced to harvest festivals which have been celebrated in many cultures since ancient times, the American holiday has religious undertones related to the deliverance of the English settlers by Native Americans after the brutal winter at Plymouth, Massachusetts.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Because thats what I do... and right now my drunk self will consider it a day worth more than just getting your fat pants out.

I will out myself here and say I am thankful to the site. You have helped waste many many a dull day at work, a drunk day at home or just a lonley time in need. And I have met the most absoutly wonderful people here and I hope to make that an in person reality some day. :)

Horray!
    Hope you had a good one Manda ;)<3
    Well works noticeably quieter. No whiney Americans emailing me moaning about this and that.

Oh have fun giving thanks.

Horray!

Hear hear! :D I too am thankful for TheSite
    I try to get excited for my friends in the US :D