Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Assaulted by my best mate?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A few nights ago I had had a bit to drink and I got myself in a foul mood.
I went to bed slamming doors as a vent for my frustration.
Next minute, my mate, whome I also live with, came barging into my room and clambered on top of me in my bed and put his hands around my neck and held me down saying: "slam any more f**king doors and next time your head will be in the way!"

Then he left closing the door and I cried myself to sleep.

When I spoke to him inthe morning he said he was doing it for my own benefit. Ive been drinking an awful lot of late and recently to numb the feeling of depression of being it's been getting worse. He said he cares about me and hes worried that I'm slowly killing myself so he had to scare me to stop me drinking like that.

But I dont know if he really means it or is just saying it to stop me saying anything and or retaliating.

Now this is someone I really care about deeply. But I dont know if it's reciprocated.

Comments

• Options
    Grabbing you by the neck seems over the top. Theres other ways to make a point without doing something like that.

Its possible he was in a bad mood as well and he took it out on you?
  • Options
    Not saying I agree with the method, but it certainly got your attention.

Perhaps take a look at yourself and your actions, and wonder if there was a big build up to this. I would definitely get frustrated if a housemate of mine were slamming doors etc etc etc.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Not saying I agree with the method, but it certainly got your attention.

Perhaps take a look at yourself and your actions, and wonder if there was a big build up to this. I would definitely get frustrated if a housemate of mine were slamming doors etc etc etc.

:yes:

going round slamming doors after a night drinking is quite aggressive behaviour too.
  • Options
    He said it's been building up inside him for a while because of the way I've been drinking amd subsequently acting.
    I love him to bits (in a manly way lol) but what happened last week scared me and I keep thinking about it and the look on his face at the time.
  • Options
    Well there you go - not exactly acceptable behaviour, but it wasn't out of the blue.

I think you need to address your issues, and attempt to find a resolution, lest this become a failing friendship. A lot of the time, people with depression etc won't take any notice of somebody having a quiet word, it takes something big. This was your big thing. If a good friend got to the point of being violent towards you, your own actions must be pretty shitty.
  • Options
    We shared a hug afterwards.
    But it's just been plaguing my mind since. Just the tought that he would do that to me.
  • Options
    Look if you's are such good mates, then I can understand where he is coming from, you made him so angry he seen no other way to try and stop you.

Hopefully it taught you something, but if it hasn't go and get some help for your drinking before you ruin your friendship and your life.