Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Configuring Outlook

I've decided it's time I controlled my emails in a more professional manner. I have set up my hotmail account, good thing is that it has it's own sub folder in outlook whereas with my gmail account it takes the main folder over.

I want to add another pop3 account for my new bsuiness, will it provide me another subfolder or will the two mix together on the main inbox folder?

ETA.

I also want to configure outlook so that when I press the close button it only removes from the taskbar but still stays open.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    not sure about pop3, because I use imap for everything which automatically creates subfolders. Also, not sure you can do that with outlook - but trust me you don't want to :D. Gradually over time with the more things I took on I now have 5 active email accounts and I get emails all the time - meaning the ability to turn it off and hide is a godsend. I used to get the emails pushed to my phone as well but that just got ridiculous because you can never switch off!

If you're waiting for an important email, leave it open but minimised ;)

edit: my gmail has its own folder. are you using imap or pop3? pop3 will download the emails off of the server, imap just remotely looks at them, basically. This means when your computer inevitably dies, you don't lose all your emails :D
    adding another account in outlook as pop3 will just send them all to the inbox i'm afraid mixing them up

however, you can then use mail rules to create a rule so that emails from certain addresses or sent to certain addresses can be moved/filtered to a certain folder attached to the inbox
    Welsh Jemz wrote: »
    adding another account in outlook as pop3 will just send them all to the inbox i'm afraid mixing them up

however, you can then use mail rules to create a rule so that emails from certain addresses or sent to certain addresses can be moved/filtered to a certain folder attached to the inbox

That's not true, in outlook each mail account has its own inbox - pop3, IMAP or exchange. My outlook has about 3 different mail servers configured at the moment. I don't use the central outlook inbox for anything, just the individual inboxes.
    You could use Windows Live Mail (The desktop client)

Much more friendly :)
    Nah I wanted to integrate a hotmail account, a Gmail account and my own personal domain account, so that desktop client probably isn't suitable.