Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Chinese Democracy

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
They said it would never happen...

The most anticipated album ever... (?)

Well, no-one thought it possible but the new Guns N' Roses (or Axl Rose & his transient bandmates) album, which has been 13 years in the making, is released on Monday.

I wonder what it'll be like. I can't feel that it will be completely shit. I sincerely hope that it's not going to be a vehicle for W. Axl Rose's ego and thus be very over-the-top, contrived, full of needless orchestration and 8 minute songs... though it probably will be. I've read some reviews and, to say the least, they're mixed. The Telegraph seemed to quite like it though.

Anyways, who's buying it, and what do you think it'll be like?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Meh.
  • Options
    I sincerely hope that it's not going to be a vehicle for W. Axl Rose's ego and thus be very over-the-top, contrived, full of needless orchestration and 8 minute songs

That's pretty much exactly what it is.

The entire thing was streaming on myspace. Sounded dangerously close to a Steve Vai album.
  • Options
    21 years since Appetite for Destruction - I was still at school when it came out.
  • Options
    Sounded dangerously close to a Steve Vai album.

Please God let it not be so. Can't stand those 'guitarists' guitarists' and the self-indulgent crap they spew. Oh well.
  • Options
    /me looks for a torrent
  • Options
    chinese democracy single is ok...i think its a grower...

but i had to look for something i liked in the charts to base our cover version on, and thats the only thing i remotely liked...its not climbing though!
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    So.. Anyone like it? I've not yet, but I hear it's good :)
  • Options
    All I know about it is that their new guitarist Bucket Head (so called because he likes playing with a KFC bucket on his head) walked out and only came back to finish the album when they built him a big chicken shed in which to play.