Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Knitting

1235»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I actually really liked being asked. It was at a time when I had a lot of free time and terrible self-esteem so being useful to just one person in a really small way made me feel a lot better about myself :D

I'm glad it made you feel better, you were very helpful!

You should feel good about yourself because the fact that you took the time to help somebody you don't even know shows what a lovely person you are :) Especially as I am quite slow haha

I was inspired by your tea cosy, I think I may start one of my own! Now am I a master of the rib
    Franki wrote: »
    If you want, I can bring all my knitting stuff back to uni with me after Christmas and we can learn together :D. I kinda gave up over the summer because I had like 0 time but I would loooooooove to be able to knit.

sounds like a plan :)
    I learnt through one of those kids books :D

I have a few basic learning knitting books too now, and online help :)
    sounds like a plan :)
    Just log on to www.knittinghelp.com, you'll be up and running in no time!
    piccolo wrote: »
    Just log on to www.knittinghelp.com, you'll be up and running in no time!

There is a knitting society at uni! I'm hoping to go this tuesday, it seems quite nice and it doesnt matter if you dont know because they'll show you how.
    I'm having a few problems uploading pictures of my finished items onto ravelry so thought I'd post some in this thread:
    Very nice, what you got on the rears?
    Loving the knitting RG! Especially the bag, where did you get the pattern from?
    kangoo wrote: »
    Loving the knitting RG! Especially the bag, where did you get the pattern from?

The bag pattern is adapted from 'Zeeby's bag' in Stitch 'N Bitch by Debbie Stoller. I knit it up using Debbie Bliss 'Stella' yarn. I wish my ravelry account would let me upload photos! Grr...
    merlia wrote: »
    Very nice, what you got on the rears?

What does 'rears' mean?
    I finally started a proper winter project today. :thumb:

I've been looking for a fitted long sweater in the shops for yonks and never found anything I dig. I broke down today and found a pattern I'm going to tweak to my liking. Bought this lovely dark brown yarn, I'll have the entire torso to decide what I want the pattern to be like. I might have a crack at my own design.

I also need to FINISH my sweater from last winter so I can wear it. Bah.
    Bumpety bump, cause I cast on this bad boy last night, and am liking it rather a lot. Why is it that being a bit poorly makes me want to knit?

Also joined the ravelry group, even though I've seriously neglected it for ages!
    Oooo, I like the design. You'll need to post some pics when you're finished :)

I've really come into action now, truth is, I am desperately trying to avoid doing a boring assignment for uni so it's the perfect excuse to knit...
    My knitting needles have been confiscated by the nurses as they are just too dangerous :yeees:
    My knitting needles have been confiscated by the nurses as they are just too dangerous :yeees:
    Crochet is the answer.

Finger knitting? There's videos on youtube I think - I can't remember how to do it! You can make funky stuff but I can't remember how :(
    Finished my hat, and now it's all blocked and ready to wear! I like it lots :heart:

3079112485_519af3f09e.jpg

3079111927_bae591b001.jpg

Btw, that hole in the middle is supposed to be there! Just noticed that my haphazard blocking has opened it up more than any of the other eyelets in that row! Bad times.
    I like very much.
    I agree with ShyBoy. It's very pretty!